Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ocean Commotion 3 Dimensional Pop Up Side Step Card

I had to try this one more time… but added a little twist… 3-D pop ups!  Borrowing the design from my magic box, I added a floating fish, seahorse and shell to this version of the Side Step Card.  Are you ready for this cool card?

ocean_stairstep_alayvonneThe colorful coral (swirl designs) were embossed in not quite navy and cameo coral classic ink, and the angel fish was embossed with basic black ink and clear embossing powder.  Sponging on layers of color with my handy dandy sponge daubers, I started with Baja Breeze Classic Ink, and then Not Quite Navy followed by Night Of Navy. After allowing the inked layers to dry for a few minutes, I wiped the entire image clean with a soft paper towel, which brought the embossed layers back to life and full color. The bubbles above the fish were made with my White Signo Gel pen.  There is a sea shell pop up right between the fish and the seahorse, but it’s tiny and hard to see in the very reflective sunlight… just realized it appears to be missing from this shot… hmmm…. where did that shell go??

Here’s another shot/close up… much better!

Want one of these cool cards sent right to you?  Simply place an online order of $40.00 or more on my Stampin’ Up! Site (or sign up for the $75.00 demo kit) and I’ll mail one right to YOU!

abccloseupseahorespopupcardStamps:  Ocean Commotion, Oval All

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Cameo Coral

Classic Ink:  Cameo Coral, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Night Of Navy, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, White Signo Gel Pen, Sponge Daubers, Clear Acetate Sheet, Paper Snips

Check back tomorrow for more stampin’ ideas… and BLOG CANDY on Friday too!

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Another great card using the Ocean Commotion set. You know you are forcing me to now buy this set. I love the color combo too.

Yvonne said...

Sharon, this is absolutely Beautiful. LOVE the magical look about it. Woo hoo! Very nicely done.

manicstamper said...

WOW Sharon...that is an awesome card.
Love the colours.
Hugs
Sheila-x-

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Thanks guys, loved Yvonne's version of the card too... doing a stamp camp on step cards for June... I know everyone is going to love making these wonderful 3-d cards!