Friday, May 1, 2009

More Sea Shell Custom Wedding Invitations

I’ve always wanted to live on the beach… but not my husband!! He’s much too practical about insurance, hurricanes, salt damage, and water surges.  So, I someday hope to settle on a nice quiet lake somewhere as a happy medium.  In the meantime, the beach is not too far away…

These are some wedding invitations and custom envelopes that I contracted to make for a local July Bride.  She really wanted a beach / seashell theme and loves the Baja Breeze Limited Edition Color.  We kicked around several different designs, settled on one and then it was changed again (via email). 

Custom handmade cards are somewhat like granite.. no two should ever be exactly alike, after all they are not computer generated, they are hand made!  These particular invites took a very long time to make, included hand cut shells, pop-ups, sponged images, embossing, and more.  The lettering is the only thing that was computer generated.  I hope all her wedding guests enjoy these beautiful and unique invitations!

wedding_invites_seashell_ap

I hand cut the bottoms of the invitations, and using the same design sponged waves on the bottom of the matching envelopes too.  The sea shells are all from the Seaside stamp set.  The sea shells on the invitations are all embossed with clear ep and baja breeze classic ink, hand cut, and painted with an aquapainter.  The seashells on the envelopes were embossed with versamark ink and white ep, before sponging to make them stand out.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more cards and ideas… thanks for stopping by!

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Draygonflies said...

"...before sponging to make them stand out"

Stand out they do! Wow! This has got to be one happy bride! ohhhhh I have got to get more colors and toys to play with. Love it!

Tee

Chell said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!!! Well done.

nuts4stampin said...

Very pretty! TFS!

Jen said...

These are beautiful!

Can I ask how many you're making & what you charged the bride for your time & products? I've been asked to make invitations for a variety of occasions & always have trouble with the pricing...

Jen McCarthy
Jenstamps@hotmail.com

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Hi Jen.. sent you an email. Thanks for your comment!

Connie said...

Wow...these are beautiful! Great job.

Shelly said...

I just joined LNS too- I am not a demo, but a 'good' customer! Wow-LOVE these cards- stunning! I love the colors and I am betting your bride is just thrilled!
I too love the beach, live in the Midwest and 'inland'! We enjoy vacations on lakes or near the ocean each year to get our 'fix'!

Tammy Howell said...

Those are awesome. I love the look on the envelope too. How pretty they all are. She will be very happy I am sure.