Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15th and 16th Blog Tour… Welcome to Day Two

clip_image001

Welcome Back for Day Two!! You’re at Stop # 19, Tour #7 featuring the Ocean Commotion set from Stampin’ Up!  You’ve already had 24 hours to enjoy this fabulous tour featuring over 20 blogs, each show casing  beautiful projects items from Stampin' Up!'s - Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog.  Don’t forget to bookmark your favorite blogs as the links for this tour will disappear at midnight May 16th. 

Today, I have THREE cards to shares, all using the Ocean Commotion stamp set, and each with their own, unique style!

angelbwb5cbyu

This first card also uses an offset stamped image background using Stampin’ Up!’s En Francais background stamp.  The Valet Ribbon Assortment, and Baja Breeze Corduroy Brads are used as embellishments to add a unique touch of class to this card too!  I used the new scalloped oval punch from stampin’ up! to make a larger scalloped oval cut out to spotlight the angel fish image on this card.  After sponging on baja breeze classic ink, I re-colored the stripes of the ange fish with my white signo gel pen.

 

Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, En Francais

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Basic Black

Classic Ink:  Baja Breeze, Basic Black

Accessories:  Baja Breeze Corduroy Brads N Buttons, Scalloped Oval Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Valet Ribbon Originals

A second card share, this one with a totally different ‘feel’ or style.  This card features fun Stampin’ Up! Micro Beads (104266 / 2 containers / $5.25) which are adhered with Tombow Multi Adhesive to the colorful angel fish and as sand below the Pig Tails Ribbon Originals rick-rak ‘wave’!  (The micro-bead ‘sand’) isn’t too easy to see, obstructed by blades of grass).  I LOVE the clips assortment (112580 /  3 styles and 24 pieces total / $6.95) which added just a little ‘something to this otherwise very simple and plain card.  “Thinking of You” was borrowed from the “Bird on a Branch” stamp set by Stampin’ Up!

threefishcbyu4

Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, Bird on a Branch

Classic Ink:  Cameo Coral, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Pacific Point

Accessories:  Clips Assortment, Pig Tails Ribbon Originals, Micro Beads, Tombow Multi Adhesive

One last card share to wrap up my contributions to the blog tour…. This card kind of takes us back to where we began at tour 7, stop 20.  Borrowing colors and theme from the Magic Box which I posted as part of yesterday’s tour HERE

You’ve emailed so many beautiful comments onthat card, here’s another close-up for you:

anotheropenviewmagiccard2340980p9

My last share is also inspired by the Coral Reefs of the Florida Keys.  The images on this card were stamped and embossed with clear ep, and then sponged.  I also re-drew the white lines of the angel fish with my White Signo Gel Pen and then embossed them with clear EP.  Little ‘extras’ include ticket corner punched accents, Basic Jumbo Grommets (white), an element from the “Hooray” designer hardware, and Clear Rhinestone brads (blocked from view in the photo below by a single blade of grass).

keyfish5 I

Stamps:  Ocean Commotion

Card Stock:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Not Quite Navy

Classic Ink:  Cameo Coral, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, VersaMark

Accessories:  Hooray Designer Hardware, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Basic Jumbo Grommets, bone folder, Clear Embossing Powder, sponge, heat tool, ticket corner punch

I hope you’ve enjoyed the blog tour, and that you’ll come back often to visit!  You can follow my blog (follow this blog in the side bar) or signup via email (also in the sidebar) to get updates and ideas daily. 

Be sure to check back next week for a tutorial on the magic box, which so many of you have emailed and asked me for.  I’ll also be featuring blog candy next week… so you won’t want to miss that either! 

Don’t forget to take advantage of my online ordering option (upper left corner) and special through May 20th too.   I’ve really enjoyed your positive comments and requests, and glad to have made so many new friends on this tour!

 

And remember, you can order all these exquisite, matched Stampin’ up! products in my ONLINE STORE:  CREATEDBYU

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

These are so cute and so well done!TFS

Tea said...

The magic box is wonderful. And your photography is impressive, allowing your designs to show at their best. Such fun to look at.

Susan said...

As always you have outdone yourself. I especially love the blue fish card. So pretty.

Blythe Klipple said...

I wanna be you when I grow up! Great samples, both day 1 and day 2. I think I'm seeing some of that magic in the magic box. :) Can't wait to see a tutorial though if you offer one. And your final card here on day 2 is just etherial. Love it! ~Blythe

Busym1 said...

How pretty! I loved my visit! hugs, michelle

virginia said...

Wonderful ideas Love your work

Audrey said...

I love the magic box! and all the cards! What a great way to use one stamp set -- so many various ways!

Ret said...

Aw Sharon, I love the cards you made with this set! Absolutley gorgeous! I especially love the soft colors you used!! So beautiful! Thanks for the 2nd set of projects on day 2, this was so awesome of you to do!!!!
Thanks for sharing!

lisa808 said...

Great set, great samples. Thanks for participating in this fun tour.

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

I can't believe you posted again, but I am so glad that you did. Your fish and your creations are beautiful and I love them! You are very talented my dear. Renee

Heather Wright-Porto said...

love the "under water" card!!! Nice job!

MJ said...

That last card is just stunning such fabulous colors and the fish looks great, you make me want that set.

njburk said...

Boy you've been busy since the tour! Great projects, TFS, Nola