Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Manhattan Lily Watercolor Card

This Manhattan Flower water colored Lily was made during my last down line meeting. Stamping the image onto Water Color Paper first in Versamark, and then embossing with white EP. We then used our Aqua Painters and generously painted water all over the embossed image before adding color with ink from the lid of our classic ink pads. This is really a lot of fun to do because it is difficult to make a mess of it.

mymsylily4487

The lily would really stand out if I had just brought along dazzling diamonds… but unfortunately left them back in sunny Florida. I cut along many of the embossed lines and pop dotted three of the lily petals to make them stand up on the card.

To color the lily, (and after doing a water bath of the image) I first added so saffron working from the outside of the image inwards. The same thing was repeated again with always apricot, and finally really rust and a touch of cameo coral. The stamen of the flower were colored with a cameo coral stampin’ write marker to make them stand out a big more.

My son’s apartment is so dark, it was difficult to acquire a good image… even with the extra lighting I purchased today!! I finally ended up going outside to take the picture!

Stamps: Manhattan Flower

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cameo Coral, Old Olive

Classic Inks: So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Really Rust, Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Versamark

Stampin’ Write Marker: Cameo Coral

Other: White EP, vanilla jumbo brads, cropa dile tool

I’ll be back tomorrow with another surprise from Utah!

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Draygonflies said...

It's so soft and pretty! Love it!

nuts4stampin said...

Very pretty. TFS!

Aimee said...

This card is just perfect! Great colors and layout...way to go! :)

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, hope things are going good in Utah!
Hi to your son for me. Your lily card is just gorgeous!! What a lovely job you did! I love how you did the lily. I'll have to try it!
hugs!!!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Wow did that turn out GORGEOUS!! I'll have to try alt. colors too.. sort of got stuck on the blues!! GOod Job Sharon!!