Monday, May 11, 2009

Friends 24-7 Mojo Monday Challenge 86 and LNS Masculine Card Challenge

Still here in sunny Riverdale, Utah… My son’s knee surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so I had some stampin’ time today! I decided to combine two challenges… the Mojo Monday Challenge #86, and the Late Nite Stampers’ Group Masculine Card Challenge. Long story short, here’s my card:

mojo511masculinecbyu

Artwork: Sharon Field – CreatedByU - Images©Stampin’ Up!

To make this card, I first stamped the Basic Gray background with my “Sanded” background stamp using Versamark Ink. Next, I used the elegant scroll image from the “Friends 24-7” stamp set from Stampin’ Up! using Basic Gray ink and a repetitive pattern. White Craft ink and a sponge dauber was used to add shading to the edges of the basic gray stamped piece, and then my mat pack and Signo White Gel Pen were used to add stitching to the corners.

The two side images are also part of the “Friends 24-7” Stampin’ Up! Stamp set, as is the bird image, both stamped with Basic Gray Classic Ink onto Whisper White card stock. The set also includes two more images… but I chose not to use them on this card.

I wanted to make the bird image stand out a bit more, so I colored the leaves with my old olive stampin’ write marker, his legs/feet with more mustard, and his belly with real red. An Aqua-Painter, and the lid of my Basic Gray Classic Ink pad were used to add color to the branch.

Once the bird’s belly was colored bright red, I wasn’t too happy with the bird itself…. so I took out my versamarker pen and generously covered the Basic Gray, Old Olive

, and More Mustard colored areas and then covered with clear embossing powder. This action made the bird’s eye disappear!!! So… I re-added his white eyeball with my White Signo Gel Pen, embossed… and then added a new black dot center to the eye, and embossed.

I like the final card… and I really like this Friends 24-7 stamp set even more than before… lots of potential!! I hope you like it too!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I haven't been thrilled ths this week's mojo sketch UNTIL I saw what you did with it. I love this set and love your take on the layout. Great job.