Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fifth Avenue… Travel and Stamps

Did you enjoy the blog tour?  I’m hoping to do it again, it was such fun hopping from blog to blog and enjoying all the beautiful, creative projects!  Can’t wait to do it again… hopefully I’ll be home when the next one rolls around though… I’ve managed each day to carve out stampin’ time too.. flower134789cbyu

Stamps:  Oval All, Fifth Avenue  Card Stock:  Barely Banana, Close To Cocoa, Whisper White, Baja Breeze  Classic Ink:  Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Always Apricot, Pumpkin Pie  Accessories:   Valet Ribbon Essentials, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punch, Mat Pack, Signo White Gel Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Mat Pack, Baja Breeze Designer Series Paper

I brought along ALL 48 colors of classic inks, cardstock, and all sorts of tools.  Of course, it was a little difficult to bring ALL my stampin’ supplies to Utah, Georgia, San Francisco, Destin or anywhere else my travels take me…  (I always have to leave a few things at home (darn!)  And YES, you heard me correctly... I brought along ALL 48 colors of Classic Ink… plus my basic black, in colors, and versamark pad. 

rosenstampsopen3240735098cbyu

One thing that made it much easier was my Stampin’ Spots!  Compactly packed into a box slightly larger than an A-2 card, I brought along all four color families… GREAT for travel!  One color family of Classic Ink stampin’ spots retails for just $22.50… I earned mine free as a demonstrator, and have had them for 3 years now.  I store them upside down so that the ink stays at the surface of the pad… and they’re always ready to travel (just like me)!  (And they said there was no room in the RV for your stampin’ supplies.. hmmm.)

Speaking of the card… this little Fifth Avenue Floral Rose must have gotten tucked cardstock when I was packing my suitcase.  It was made during my last downline training session.  We used watercolor paper, an aqua painter, and ink from the lid of our classic ink pads to color the rose.  You can read more about that technique in this post >HERE<.

Today, I decided to cut apart some of the flower layers, and add it to a card… I didn’t cut on ALL the lines… I only had one flower to work with and simply wanted to add dimension.  The center bud of the rose has two sets of two layered (together)  dimensionals to make it stand a bit higher than the next layer of petals, which have one dimensional each.  The base of the bloom was simply attached with tombow multi adhesive to the card base.

Picture 001

Ah, yes… and I did bring along some selective punches and tools too.  I was kind of bummed a couple days ago when my heat gun gave out… but luckily there was a Joanne’s Fabric store right around the corner!  I really want to play some more with my “Ocean Commotion” stamp set, I’ve got plenty of ideas floating around in my brain for that adorable little $17.95 stamp set!  NOT that I needed another heat gun, I have three more at home :-)  But a girls got to stamp when she wants to stamp, right?

This is my seventh day away from home… WOW!  It’s been a very busy seven days for me, I’ve spent a LOT of time in the kitchen cooking and preparing freezer meals for my son… my world champion chili, spicy southwestern white chicken chili (with extra jalepenos ), chicken fried rice, chicken soup, jambalaya, tamale pie, and more… I’ve also been preparing some of his favorites daily, chicken salad, steak and potatoes, steak and spinach pinwheels, and more… My fingers are sliced and diced (I NEVER do that at home!!).  He’ll be on crutches for a few more weeks post knee surgery.. but he won’t starve, will he??

Thanks for stopping by, I’ve enjoyed your visit!  Now, I’m off to play with the Ocean Commotion Stamp Set again… I’ve got swaps to do for our downline meeting next week too!

Sharon

Shop My Online Stampin’ Up! Store for the supplies featured today and more, simply >>click HERE<< and then click the “SHOP NOW” button in the upper right corner!

Join a great team of Demonstrators, with complete training, lots of ideas, and sharing… simply click JOIN NOW on the link above, and copy/paste the secret password

JoinMyExclusiveTeam 

For a limited time the scrapbook starter kit is just $75.00!  Get started in your business your way today!  :-)

 

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

WOW! Great card Sharon! No I don't think your son will starve. ;) YUMMY!! Gotta have the hot, spicy stuff! Oh, and yes gotta have SPOTS! Love mine!