Monday, May 18, 2009

A Beautiful Wedding Card You Won’t Believe

This was so much fun to make, really the result of a little creative ‘play’ and of course limited supplies on hand during my stay in Utah.  (Oh, what I would have given for one sheet of Chocolate Chip Card Stock!!!) 

bestwishes_blknslvr_cbyu_fauxetching

I used the new Stampin’ Up! Window Sheets and a new faux etching technique shared by my good demonstrator friend, Tee (Dragonfly Dreams)… and then I decided to have a little more fun, so I used my heat gun to warp the window sheet.  It’s really very pliable when it’s warmed, and you can shape and hold it almost any way you want… What fun!

The black background was stamped in versamark and Basic Black Classic Ink then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, and of course the card needed just a little more bling so I added rhinestone brads too.  It was very difficult to photograph this card.. believe me, I tried!  Here’s another close up so you can see the detail a bit better:

=clseup_bestwishes_blksilver_cbyu 

I love the new ribbon in the mini catalog.. it’s so silky and elegant too!  The Oval All stamp set was used for the “Best Wishes greeting, which was punched out with my large oval punch before being mounted on the brushed silver cardstock scallop oval punch.  If you look closely, you can see that I added Signo White Gel Pen “pearls” around the scallop… had I been home in my stampin’ room, I’d have added tiny pearls from my pretty kit, or perhaps some from my drawer of miscellaneous embellishments!

Stamps:  Friends 24/7, Oval All

Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black

Card Stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver

Accessories:  Satin Ribbon, Window Sheets, Large and Scalloped Oval Punches, Rhinestone Brads, Dimensional Dots

Come back tomorrow, I’ve got anothe Friends 24/7 card to share!

Sharon

All the products shown above are available 24/7 in my Online Store, simply click HERE to Shop Now!

Pin It!

No comments: