Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Star for You

Quick post... today I wanted to use the "Sweet Slumber" designer series textured paper again.  I really love the riding hood red and baja breeze polka dot paper, but was hard pressed for what to do for the top of this card.... Star Punches to the rescue for a clean and simply layered card!

occasions08983star_friend

Both large and small star punches were used to make the stars at the top of this card.  First punching a small star, then centering the large star punch over the punched area gave me the 'open' stars used on the top of the card.  Residual star punches were put to work, creating an interesting and fun background for the layered "Oval All" punched images.  I'm really enjoying my new scalloped oval punch from the occasions mini catalog!  My club ladies have ordered theirs already... you can order yours online at my online stampin' up store:  CreatedByU  It's item # 114889, for just $15.95.

Hope you have a pleasant and relaxing Sunday!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: