Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Really Tall Giraffe... and Business Booster Share

At Convention (or was it Leadership???:-) I received a really cute swap from Christine Luce, a demonstrator from New York.  Christine's card was done in soft pastel colors... I've changed it up a bit using bolder colors, adding more mat pack piercing, a second layer  beneath the main image, and new 5/8" satin ribbon from the Occasions Mini catalog. 

The Animal Crackers is a fun set of whimsical animal images which I really purchased for the cute little penguin sitting atop a melting ice cube.  His quip reads "Have an ice day!" which made me giggle.  I have yet to use that particular image... but I will soon... and he still makes me giggle!  The item number is 113395 and has a set of 5 images for just $19.95, available at my Online Stampin' Up! Store.  Trust me, they'll make you giggle too!

fun8409giraffe

You can barely see the pierced holes outside the circle cut with my circle scissors plus... but they are there!  The stamped background was done using versamark ink... which is a clear embossing ink used to add a just a hint of color and pattern to the tangerine tango card stock.

Here's Christine's original card:

christineluce_case

Changing gears... at my down line unit meeting this week, we made these cute little business boosters using the top note die cuts and designer series paper.  The calendar/business cards have a magnetic strip on the back and were inspired by Sandy Hancock (www.sandy stamper.com).  I think they'll be a great way to promote business, and open conversations about stampin' don't you?

businessbooster972398_downl

See you tomorrow,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Dee Tollaksen said...

Awesome business idea!!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Hi Sharon,
I love the business idea here. I finally got my Big Shot and Top Note and this looks like lots of fun as well as practical!

Hugs and blessings - Jean