Monday, April 27, 2009

My Next One Sheet Wonder Sneak Peek

My next One Sheet Wonder class (OSW) will be held on May 13th.  This class will focus on a more simple and easy to create style of card.  I’ve designed several cards using the Walk in the Park double sided designer series paper from Stampin’ Up! and the “Quilt Quips” stamp set.  The paper features a basic gray leaf pattern on one side and a geometric pattern in kiwi kiss and white on the reverse.  Here are two of the many cards we’ll be making:

quiltquipsIMG_4456273-980mo

The faux stitching can be added or left off the cards which are basically the same design, just reversing the paper.  Looking at the picture, I just realized I forgot to add color to the house and star blocks.. OOPS.. will have to fix that before class!

My downline and customers often ask how I create my bi-monthly OSW classes.  It’s really quite simple… I just sit down with a single sheet of designer series 12x12 paper and start making cards.  When the paper is gone, I draft a pattern to replicate the cutting for class on grid paper.  This often takes more than one attempt dependent upon how many cards and how intricate the cuts.  This class, however will be simple to recreate since I’m basically making two of each card design!

The One Sheet Wonder fills quickly… make sure you reserve your spot early!  Find our more about the One Sheet Wonder class, as well as my other classes at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store and Website HERE.  (Simply click on ‘Events’ in the header bar of the site.)

Well… back to work, I’ve made 10 of the cards but still have paper left… I’m hoping to get 14 in all! 

I hope to see you back tomorrow… I hope to have an update on my son’s knee by then!

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Yvonne Metz said...

Oh Sharon, these are great! That's it now I've got to do a class! LOL!! Wish I was in Florida, I'd take this class! ; ) Praying for an awesome update on your son.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

This is a really cute card Sharon!! Love the little quilt blocks.. I may try this with the Level 3 set..Hand Drawn Bundle, since I just got it and it looks about the right size to fit the blocks.

bettystamps said...

Love the one sheet wonders. They are so fun and unpredictable. Thanks for sharing.