Monday, April 13, 2009

Make Your Own...Glitter Striped Paper... What Fun!

I had a faux metal train setting on my stampin' table.  I had demo'd the technique at my downline unit meeting last week.  AND I just couldn't stop playing with the chocolate glitter and bronze paper! 

It's kind of like a peanut butter and chocolate crash... where two textures come together in a great card...  The train from "Happiness is a Journey" and my chocolate glitter just screamed "we want a card too"!

faux_train36210_chocolategl

Isn't the striped paper neat?  I made it by placing my red sticky tape (red line tape) in half inch increments onto the textured bronze card stock.  After peeling away the protective red layer, I dumped chocolate glitter over the card stock/tape.  Pretty cool, huh?

Normally, when I do faux metal I can get away with just three layers of silver ep.  This image isn't quite as deep and defined as some of the other images I've used in this technique... so I ended up with 5 layers of silver ep.  Here's a close up:

closetrain3409l_fauxmetal

Supplies:

Stamps:  Happiness is a Journey, And Many Mower

Bronze Textured Card Stock (Taste of Textiles Assortment 113991 / $9.95)

Basic Black, and Basic Gray Card Stock

Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Red Sticky Tape, Chocolate Glitter, Versamark Ink

I think this is the perfect card for my wonderful DH for Fathers' Day...Shhh don't tell him!

Hope to see you back tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Chell said...

This is such a cool card...I have been on vacation and wasn't able to view your blog, so it was most fun this morning....love the "hair" technique on the old lady too! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing!