Friday, April 10, 2009

Glorious Gown featuring the Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder

I shared this new technique at my down line unit meeting earlier this week.  It was something I stumbled upon while allowing myself a stampin' play day.  My original intention was to cut out and remove a flower from card stock vellum (item #101856 / $6.50/20 sheets) embossed with the new Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder (item #114517 $7.95).  I really enjoy using card stock vellum.. it's a heavier vellum than that found in most hobby stores, having a heavier hand, or body it provides an elegant embossing surface with bold crisp lines of detail.

So... here is the card I made with an elegant Manhattan Gown:

softdress_manhatfl38498

I used dotto to adhere the dress to the card stock...  the adhesive lays out a series of minute almost undetectable dots.  The pink pirouette and brushed silver card stock softly surround the elegant dress which everyone "ooohed" and "aaahed" over.  The ribbon sash gave me one more place to attach the dress even more securely to the card stock, and the ends of the sash were positioned with mini glue dots.

In the picture below, you can see the flower which I originally cut out of the embossed card stock vellum... when I cut away that part, I suddenly realized that the remainder was a beautiful gown!

I've drawn lines on the larger vellum piece to show you the cut-away which forms the elegant gown.

emailmanhattanflowerdress

And here's another, perhaps better view:

manhattan9374987eveningdres

Isn't it fun??  Have a great stampin' day, and see you tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jacquie Hart said...

WOW I love the dress that is a great idea

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, aren't you the clever one! This is an awesome way to use this flower. It's so elegant!

Lisa Tedder said...

That dress is stunning! Great job!

Barbara Pisciotto said...

This is an awesome idea! Another way to use this die. I just got mine and I have a wedding shower coming up. This will make a great card for that! TFS

Gloria said...

this is way cool loved the roses no it can be something else what a good idea

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful!