Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flower Pot Cards are Quite The Rage

They’ve been all over Splitcoaststampers… the adorable flower pot cards that feature lots of blooms appropriate for birthday, friends, or mothers day.  Just the other day, one of my downline mentioned she wanted to come over and cut lots of flowers with my big shot machine and dies… which reminded me that I, too wanted to make a flower pot card!  Although I rarely go there, I recalled having seen a demo TLC215 challenge for flowerpot cards!  I have to remind myself to update my gallery (sharonstamps) on splitcoast too!

So, today, I’m sharing my version of the flowerpot card.  I cut the flap a little narrower than most of the instructions you’ll see out there… to make room for that luscious chocolate ribbon securing the card.  I used scraps from projects to cut the diecut floral and leaf shapes and arranged them on the card, and the top of the pot.  Scroll down to see the card and flower pot pocket next to it.

flowerclosedpot273498040cby

flowerpot3247topen3284-0cby

The white area on the pull out card is great for a stamped greeting, and the back of the card has ample room to write your own personalized message too.  Stephanie Luman’s website has a great tutorial for this card it you’d like to try one of your own too! 

Sizzlit Dies used in making this card:

Litttle Leaves 114511 $4.95

Sparkle  #113444 $4.95

Birds and Blooms (set of 4) #113485 $21.95

Embosslit dies (cut and emboss at the same time) used in making this card:

Cherry Blossom #114516

Flower Burst #114515 $11.95

Simple Flower # 114514 $11.95

Sweetest Stems # 114513 $11.95

Shop for these and more exciting stampin’ up! items at my online stampin’ up store

See you tomorrow with more fun cards and ideas!

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, Sharon! This is gorgeous!

nuts4stampin said...

This is so pretty! Love it! Wish I'd seen this before I spent big bucks on my mom's flower order for Mom's day! TFS!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Oh Sharon, thanks for sharing - I still love yours, it awesome - love the way you have placed the flowers and also love the colours! will have to give this a try!
Love and hugs always!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Saw these and loved them too..you really put a lot of flowers!! Didn't see this til after my class.. love how you added some flowers to the pot!!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love how you added flowers to the lid of the flower pot also!! Very pretty Sharon!!

Yvonne Metz said...

Oh My this is Beautiful! Great colors! TFS!