Saturday, April 25, 2009

Flores Suaves Inspired By Beate

The Flores Suaves Stamp Set is featured in the Stampin’ Up! Spanish language catalog supplement.  I’ve always loved tulips, and the image in this set was definitely a ‘must have’ for me!  The other images in the set are the butterfly and script (seen on my card sample) and a bee. 

I’ve already made several cards using Flores Suaves, but was inspired to make at least one more when I saw Beate’s beautiful card “Artichoke Butterfly” HERE.  Not wanting to totally CASE her gorgeous card for my blog post, I simplified the design just a tad… and created it in a more muted baja breeze and close to cocoa theme.

bajabutterfly2490709udoj;lb 

Stamp Sets:  Flores Suaves (#112913 / set of 4 / $21.95); Thank You Kindly (#111700 / set of 4 / $13.95)

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa

Classic Inks:  Baja Breeze, Close To Cocoa

Accessories:  Photo Corner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Baja Breeze Designer Series Paper.

Well, back to the drawing board… Thanks for visiting my blog!  See you tomorrow with another quick layered card share!

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

I also love all things tulip. I love the cocoa with the green, it is so pretty.

nuts4stampin said...

Such a pretty card! Love the collage look. I forgot I bought that set. I need to go play with it. Reminds me of an old favorite "Botanicals". Remember that one? TFS!

Ret said...

What a beautiful card! I really love it & the colors are awesome together!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

One of my favorite stamp sets! I never knew it was a tulip though I always thought it was a wild rose of some type. Good thing I like both kinds of flowers. I've been wanting a tulip stamp and now I have one!

Thanks for sharing - Jean