Thursday, April 16, 2009

Downline Meeting Seaside Swap Card

Our demonstrator team upline/downline gathers monthly for a general meeting and swap.  The group is growing rapidly, and we try to keep the meetings short, informative, and interesting.  This month we were challenged to 'do our best work'... that's a mouthful, isn't it?    In the past, I've tried to keep my swaps more simple (at the request of my upline)... but not this month! 

I chose to use the Seaside Stamp Set for my swap... I've been using it for custom ordered 'beachy' wedding invites.  The wedding invites had to have simple and clean lines too... so I wanted to explore texture and layers.

Here's the card I swapped:

seashellswap243989slf 

The image appears a little skewed and out of line on the bottom... but that is the perspective/angle of the shot.  trust me, it's really very straightly aligned. 

After embossing sahara sand card stock with the fiskars Stampin' Up Backgrounds texture plates, I sponged gently with creamy caramel classic ink to achieve the diamond textured pattern on the right side of the card.  The Blush Blossom card stock was stamped with sahara sand classic ink using the sanded background stamp, and then embossed using versamark ink, very vanilla ep, and the Tres Chic stamp set.  I love all the uplifting words in the tres chic stamp set:  Imagine, Inspiration, Create, Friendship, Life... and many more.  The edges of the double stamped/embossed cardstock was then highlighted with creamy caramel ink and a sponge dauber to give it more definition and an aged appearance as well.

The central image of the card is one of the shells from the seaside stamp set.  After stamping with Sahara Sand Classic Ink onto watercolor paper, I used markers and my aqua painter to colorize the image.  After scribbling the wide tip onto a stampin' store box, I picked up the colors with my aqua painter and added close to cocoa, blush blossom, and pink passion ink to the image.  Beneath the shell was colored in the same manner with a bashful blue stampin' write marker and aqua painter.  Once the image dried, I used a two way glue pen to emphasize the more white areas of the image, and added dazzling diamonds.

Other supplies used in this card:  Kraft Card Stock, very vanilla taffeta ribbon.

Tomorrow I'll begin sharing the swaps other demos entered in the contest... not everyone participated (some of them were new demos, and we just give them a swap as a courtesy to welcome them to the group).

I can't wait for you to see the rest of them!

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

How very, very classy and pretty!! Of course I LOVE seashells and have that set, among most all the other SU seashell sets.. and many other ones.. Will have to try it!! Thanks for being so creative and sharing your lovely card!!

Draygonflies said...

*sigh* Oh Sharon! Here I was feeling good about my swap and then you post ---this---!!! *groan*


*wink* It's just lovely! Beautiful even and I can't wait to get my hands on one! LOL

Maybe I can say I forgot mine!!! *giggle*

Susan said...

Sharon this card is absolutely beautiful. LOVE IT!!!!! Figures that I won't be getting one since I'm not going to make it to the meeting and didn't plan on swapping. WAAAHH!

Laura said...

Wow Sharon this is so lovely and peaceful. What a great job. Love the embossing, dry and wet,lol!

monikastamp said...

Very nice card Sharon! Thanks for sharing. I love the texture with the added dimension of the sponging.
Monika