Saturday, April 4, 2009

Creating Backgrounds... Deep in the Forest

Knowing I had much to accomplish before 4pm yesterday, I made a list and checked it twice... Pay bills, balance check book, go to the post office, bank, and local craft and discount stores, followed by quality stamping time, a newsletter, posts to my blog, and update of my SU! calendar of events. 

Then the phone rang... a call from UPS 2nd Day Air.  The delivery (for my DH) was to arrive before 10:30am... so I quickly rearranged my schedule hoping to fit it ALL in... and waited... and waited... and waited.  At 10:36 I decided to call UPS and find out what the problem was... several phone calls later, and three different rendezvous locations, the package was secured and my day had turned to absolute chaos!!  The newsletter did not get done, the calendar has not been updated, and only this post to my blog.  Suffering from stampers' block in the midst of chaos, I humbly submit two very quick cards today.

Deep within the thickets forest, there lies a secluded and secret glen surrounded by a green and lush canopy of leaves and foliage.  Only a handful of forest animals know it's location...

glenintheheart_oftheforest_

 

The heart shaped opening was stamped (on/off) repeatedly on very vanilla cardstock using old olive classic ink, and a piece of 'scrap' acetate was used to stamp and transfer a reverse image of the bunny from the "Forest Friends" stamp set.  I really love the pacific blue and old olive color combination on this card... in searching for something to make this card "pop" the bright blue was a pleasant surprise!  Can you guess which stamp was used to create the lush forest canopy?

tree_from_forestfriends

It's the tree image from the "Forest Friends" stamp set, of course!!    And it is used as the border 'paper' on the card below too.  The right edge of the border was 'fussy cut' to follow the lines of stamping, and then highlighted in pacific blue with a sponge dauber.  The butterfly was embossed with clear embossing powder before coloring with a certainly celery stampin' write marker.  A really quick card to help me get thru my frenzied stamper block.

foryou_forestfriend_matchbo

Stamps used in the card (above)  are all from the new occasions mini catalog.  Click on the link in my sidebar to see the entire catalog, or email me for your free copy.  Stamps:  For You, Matchbox Messages, Forest Friends.  Classic Inks:  Pacific Blue, Old Olive

I certainly hope tomorrow gets off to a less chaotic pace!  See you then!

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Ret said...

Sharon, wow, what beautiful cards!!! I love, love, love how you used the top of the tree for your borders! Very clever!! I would of never thought to emboss the butterfly BEFORE coloring. Very amazing card!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

WoW! These look like so much fun. Glad I have the stamp sets now to play with. I bought Forest Friends for the tree stamp and it never occured to me to try this type of use. Have to say the Bunny, Deer and Owl are growing on me!

Hugs and blessings and thanks for sharing - Jean