Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Card for my Senior Stamping Group

This week has been quite a whirlwind… I’ve barely had any time to stamp!  On Wednesday, my son (a Sargent in the USAF) experienced a knee injury which will require surgery, and perhaps a trip to Utah for me.   My darling daughter left Friday morning for Switzerland on a post baccalaureate program… Friday afternoon I worked with my Senior Stampers (a fun and growing group).  And, Saturday I participated in a craft fair at a local church!  So, having had very little time to stamp, I chose to case a card by my good friend and fellow demonstrator, Susan (Stamping Inferno) for my Senior Stampin’ Group!

saleabrationupsyIMG_4454cas

This card uses the Upsy Daisy Stamp Set.  After inking up the stamp with so saffron ink, I lightly “stamped off” onto my grid paper and then stamped the image to the right side of the cardstock.  Inking up a second time, I stamped directly on the cardstock… a little to the left of the original image.  It created a nice ‘shadow’ effect and added more depth to the stamped image.  Kind of fun, isn’t it?

The Upsy Daisy Stamp Set has only one image, and three greetings… they just a little bit big for my small oval punch which I really wanted to layer with the large oval punch in bashful blue.  So, substituting the Thank You from the very versatile stamp set worked out well!  The very versatile stamp set is in the Occasions Mini Catalog (link on my side bar) and includes one image and 8 greetings/verses suitable for both inside and outside of cards (or for scrapbook pages too).

Recipe:

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy (#111710 / set of 4 / $18.95); Very Versatile (#113806 / set of 9 / $25.95)

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery

Classic Ink:  So Saffron, Certainly Celery

Other:  Large and Small Oval Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SaleABration striped designer series paper

Hopefully my life will calm down a bit and I’ll have a leisurely day of stampin’ this afternoon… I’ve got plenty of ideas rolling around in my head, and can’t wait to share them with you! 

Don’t forget… you can order these and other exclusive Stampin’ Up! products at my online stampin’ up! store… And I’ll be sure to send YOU a special thank you too!

Thanks for visiting, see you tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very cheery and "uplifting".. hence.. upsy daisy!!..love this set!! Good job Sharon!!

nuts4stampin said...

I agree, so cheery. The color combo says spring is here! Yea! TFS!

Kirstin said...

Makes me wish we were heading into Spring instead of Autumn.