Friday, March 20, 2009

Techniques Class... Faux Rattan

When asked to demo a technique at our local meeting for Stampin' Up! demonstrators, and in a crunch to come up with a second technique for and upcoming class, I granted myself a real 'play day'.  My Stampin' Room looks more like a war room now, with supplies scattered and piled for 14 feet of table surface.  I did come up with a technique for the meeting... but also invented a brand new technique which I've coined "Faux Rattan" (it reminds me of a rattan purse I once owned...) and I have to tell you I'M LOVING FAUX RATTAN!  My mind is just whirling with ideas for faux rattan...   I'm working on a step by step tutorial and hope to post it in a few days.  (But I'll have to clean up my Stampin' Room first!)

Here's the second technique card we made in the class, the leaves of the tree were first sponged with mellow moss classic ink, and then a second time with Old Olive ink. 

thoughtsnprayerstreefauxwic

Stamps:  Thoughts And Prayers (#113252 /8 double mounted / $25.95)

Card Stock:  Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Old Olive

Classic Ink:  Close to Cocoa, Chip, Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa

Accessories:  Vintage Brads, 1/16" hand hole punch, sponge daubers, Versamark Ink, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Heat Gun, Big Shot Machine and Texturz Plates #4

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

RuthieB said...

WOW!!!! That's all I can say! This is awesome and I'll be using it in my next Technique Class for sure! Thank you so much for your inspiration!

nuts4stampin said...

Well, aren't you clever! Looks way cool! TFS!