Thursday, March 19, 2009

Technique Class... Faux Metal Embossing

Ever so innocently I picked up the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set in preparation for my fabulous faux technique class.  This was my third attempt at creating a card using the faux metal technique... not because it is a difficult technique, but that I wanted a special and stunning card for the class.

Stampin' Up! Supplies:

Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates  (#114512 / $11.95)

Pocket Silhouettes Stamp Set (#111672 /6 pieces /$18.95)

Warmest Regards Stamp Set (Retired)

Card Stock:  Basic Gray, Vellum, Naturals White, and Brushed Silver

Accessories:  Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Versamark Ink, Silver Embossing Powder

silversympathy_031709

And here's another close up of the faux metal embossing using Pocket Silhouettes, isn't it pretty?

1fauxcloseup

 

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

nuts4stampin said...

YES! This is very pretty. You did such a beautiful job with the technique. What I've seen in the past (by others) has not been so smooth and pollished looking. TFS!

Susan said...

I love the elegant look of this card. It is even more beautiful when seen in person. Thanks for sharing.