Monday, March 23, 2009

Mojo Monday 2 Cards and Double Post Today

Yikes... I'm doing a double post today.  The Mojo Monday challenge didn't seem to be 'happening' this morning (or I got up waaaaay too early)... and so posted around the challenge.  Sorry for the double post!!

So.. here are my challenge cards.  Card (S)... yes, I did two of them. I adhered closely to the guidelines of the challenge when making the first card, I didn't really care for it and made a second card!  So... as goes the tradition, here is the MOJO79Sketch:

Mojo79Sketchcbyu

And here is the 2nd card I made.  The white scalloped piece is turned the other way and scored at each scallop to represent a picket fence.  I used my texturz plates to emboss small dots and punch out a golf ball, which I shaded with an aqua painter and going grey marker.  My Faux Rattan Technique (posted HERE a couple days ago) represents a cozy old rockin' chair.  I couldn't see adding a fancy ribbon bow to the texture already in play... so used linen thread to meet the challenge criteria.  Too bad my husband cannot golf any longer, I'm sure he'd appreciate the card anyway!!

myfathersdaygolfer_fauxratt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cut a grass edge along the bottom of the card too... simply snipping the edge closely in a random pattern, and then used a clean and new versamark ink pad to highlight the edges of the card and grass... gave it a little more depth.

rattan_grass_golfer rattan_golfball79closeup

 

The stamp set "And Many Mower" will be available on April 1st, and is featured in the new Occasions Mini Catalog which many of you will soon be receiving in the mail!

Kind of fun, don't you think?

 

 

 

OK.. so here is the card I didn't care for... using the lovely branch from the "Cheep Talk" Stamp Set and greeting from "Really Retro" stamp set.  It's OK.. just not as fun as the other card!

mojomonday79cbyu

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Visit my Online Stampin' Up! Store to order exclusive Stampin' Up! merchandise today!

Have a happy and creative day!

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Sheryl Dreyer said...

Absolutely LOVE the golf card. I have this at home and will have to try your technique. Great job on both cards.

Hayley said...

Love both your cards! The first one is so much fun & the second is really simple and gorgeous.
tfs

Donna MacDonald said...

I love it! I adore nice, clean, simple cards like this!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Great cards!! I love the grass, too cute.

Jenny said...

Sharon, as usual I am loving your cards!! They are both just beautiful!!

Hugs,
Jenny

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Thanks for the nice comment about my card! Your cards are really great -- the grass is a perfect touch. Though you didn't like your second as much, I think it's beautiful.

Patti said...

That grass is darling!

martha velasco prieto. said...

great cards!!love the stamps

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card and great details