Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In the Pink

Card Stock, that is!! I've been so swamped with our DD moving home this week, a big spring break camp on Monday, and a club meeting tomorrow.  Unfortunately, my blog posting has fallen behind.  To fill the void (so Esther can enjoy her morning coffee routine)... I decided to fill a couple days with swaps I've received!  Today's cards will feature pink card stock.. so here we go!

This first card was made by Leslie Irvin of Albuquerque, NM.  I love how she cut out the little sock monkey and showcased her popping through a double window frame to wave her "stamp" pennant!  It reminds me of a recent visitor to the senior stampin' session "Fluffy" the bunny.  Fluffy travelled from far to visit Grandma Esther, and really enjoyed stamping with us too!

sockmonkeyleslie_irvin_cbyu

Next card... featuring a glitter technique technique, was made by Deborah J (that's all she gave me girls!)  After coloring the image from Serene Spring, Deborah covered the surface of the Whisper White card stock with Versamark ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder before heating with her heat tool.  Just dazzling in person too!

deborahJserenespring_cbyu

This last card was difficult to photograph.. done in very soft pastel colors using the Bugs and Kisses (dormant) stamp set, Pretty in Pink card stock and ink, and Gable Green card stock and ink.  This card has a soft nursery quality to it, and was made by Tamie Ackerson of Corunna, Michigan.

bugnsnkissestamieackerson_c

This guy is just the life of the party... and quite a social animal too.  He busily inspects every bag, purse, and shoe at stamp camps.  Monday was no exception.  I do believe he wore himself out...  Everyone tells me he is part mancoon... but I've always wondered if it's not a little raccoon.. check out the tail!  Keep in mind... this 20 lb. cat is sitting on a very big overstuffed recliner!!  That's a purse, and a pillow he's plopped himself onto!

thesocialcat_0330_cbyu 

More swap shares tomorrow, and then I hope to get back to my regular schedule.

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Oh Sharon, what a gorgeous cat!! hehe love his tail!