Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do Over... and Wedding Invites for Sarah and Joe

Yesterday I posted two cards for the Mojo79Sketch challenge... but I really wasn't overly happy with the second one.  It was clean and simple, but it somehow lacked that special 'something'.  Later in the afternoon, while tinkering away in my stampin' room I noticed a stray butterfly flitting about, and extra or leftover from last week's demonstrator swaps.  And Wow!! What a difference a simple embellishment can make!

remakemojo79sketch_embellis

 

Supply list:

Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron Card Stock

Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper

Cheep Talk, God's Beauty, and Really Retro Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets

Old Olive narrow Grosgrain

Versamark and Kiwi Kiss Ink

Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Eyelet Border Punch and Pumpkin Pie stampin' write marker

 

 

Weddings are in the air... and I love creating custom wedding invitations!  Sarah and Joe are no exception, they are getting married this summer!  I knew Sarah was shopping for special wedding invites, and that she wanted "beach theme" for her wedding announcements and response cards.  So... I asked her if she'd consider handmade invites.  She was thrilled with the prospect, so I scurried off to create a few samples for her.  Last week we met for lunch, and I shared the final 4 designs based on criteria she had given me... and here's a sneak at the ones she selected:

sarahNjoeInvites

The actual words will be computer generated in close to cocoa ink.  I'll have to take a better photo of it when I have time... The Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock have a really fresh and crisp appeal.

The embossed shell is one of 5 stamps from the "Seaside" stamp set.  It's not in your current Spring/Summer 2009 idea book and catalog because it is on the dormant list!  You can still order this stamp set #110990 at my online Stampin' Up! Store

Check back tomorrow.. you'll see more demonstrator swaps and ideas from last week's downline meeting!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Sharon.. that is so pretty adding the butterfly to the card.. really sets it off!! Connie