Sunday, February 22, 2009

WSC69 Two Cards, One Sketch

Whew... after my stamp class today I decided to clean out my rather full inboxes... and came across a Feedblitz subscription with Beate's weekend Sketch Challenge.  I realized I needed to sit down and make a few cards to post, and so thought... why not!

Here is Beate's Sketch (click on the image to visit her blog):

wsc69_cbyu

And.. here is the first card I made for the WSC69 challenge:

beatesketch2bdayssbbww0209

Stamps:  On Your Birthday and Petal Pizzaz; Card Stock:  Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White and Sahara Sand;  Classic Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand;  Accessories:  Organza Ribbon, Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper, and Eyelet Border Punch

My daughters' birthday is next week, so I used the greeting from "On Your Birthday."  Once completed, however I realized the bravo burgundy color lends itself a bit towards Florida State Colors (even with the absence of gold..) and she's a DIE HARD GATORS FAN!  (Oooops!)  So I reworked the card using the same WSC69 sketch from Beate's site and true Gator Colors and taking a little creative liberty with the sketch straight up and down side element.  The blooms were cut with the Cherry Blossom Embossing Sizzlit and then Only Orange was sponged onto the raised surfaces using a sponge dauber.  The blooms were also layered and inter-twined by cutting one petal layer of two white blooms, and two cuts on the middle white bloom.

gatorbdayknf22309beate

Stamps:  On Your Birthday;  Card Stock:  Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Whisper White; Classic Ink:  Only Orange and Brilliant Blue; Accessories:  Sponge Daubers, Eyelet Border Punch, Cherry Blossom Embossing Sizzlit

I hope she likes her birthday card... she thinks she should get one every day of her 'birthday month' perhaps she's just a little bit spoiled!!

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,
Pin It!

1 comment:

Norine said...

you did a great job on the sketch love both cards
hugs
Norine