Sunday, February 8, 2009

Remaking My Bella Bleu Stamp Camp Card

Sometimes we make cards that just don't seem finished... and sometimes we even find a little extra time to re-work a project.  I actually found a bit of that time this past week.  While prepping for my down-line training class, I decided to revisit one of the cards which I had featured at a recent stamp camp.  The card used new SU Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper and the exclusive embossing templates... look at the original Bella Bleu card HERE... just to the left of the bella blue dsp bag.

To emboss the image on the very vanilla cardstock, I took a hint from fellow demo Rosemarie Diehl, who suggested lightly spritzing the card stock with household rubbing alcohol would yield a deeper embossed image.  After checking with my students re:  alcohol, breathing problems, allergies, etc.  we opted to use the rubbing alcohol when embossing.  The problem:  the cardstock became much more flimsy and weak after being doused and subsequently tortured by the embossing plate.  Of course, everyone really liked the original card, but now that I've reworked it, I believe they would like this one much more!  So.. here's the new re-worked version of my bella bleu designer series paper card!

bellableu_remake_0209slf

Much better, isn't it? 

Stampin' Up! Stamps:  Sincere Salutations

Classic Ink:  Brocade Blue

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue

Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots, sponge dauber, exclusive embossing templates.

Stay tuned.... this week I'll be featuring projects (and a special recipe) from my Asian Inspired Chinese New Year Stampin' Class!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: