Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One More Mojo Card and Eyelet Border Punch Corner Detail

I had so much fun yesterday doing my Mojo Monday Challenge card that I just had to do it again.  I guess my card doesn't really look that much like the original challenge... but that's perfectly OK... that's what challenges are about, you take a specific idea and/or layout and make it uniquely your own!

Mojo72Sketchoncbyu

 

This is the original sketch found on Mojo Monday.  In yesterday's Mojo Rooster card, I rotated the card 90 degrees.  My Mojo Rooster card wasn't very girly or flowery either, using colors of red, white and black!

The second Mojo Monday challenge card was much brighter, using summer sun, kiwi kiss, and confetti white card stock.  I also created a new corner treatment with my Eyelet Border punch...  quick and easy... and another way to use your eyelet border punch, check it out!

 

scallopborder_punchcornercb

 

See... I simply turned the punch over, and inserted the corner of my card stock so that one of the scallops fit on the entire corner piece.  You have to make sure that you balance the extra card stock along each side of the corner... and that it is in there nice and evenly.  It did take me a couple tries to get it right the very first time I did it... but scroll down and see my mojo monday challenge card # 2 with the eyelet corner detail!

 

mojo72scallopcorner_cbyu020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Card Stock:  Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Confetti White

Stamps:  Beautiful Borders, That's Funny, A Little Birthday Cheer

Classic Ink:  Kiwi Kiss

Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch, Summer Sun Stampin' Write Marker, Aqua painter

Hope you like it!

Sharon

 

 

 

 

Here is the second Mojo Monday challenge card

Pin It!

1 comment:

Britta said...

HOW CLEVER! Thank you for sharing this fun trick!