Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First Kimono Card... or perhaps a bathrobe.

I cannot begin to tell you how many pieces of paper I chopped up when making this card!  Yikes... and you wouldn't believe the mess in my stamping room either.  When I first came up with the concept of my Asian Inspired Chinese New Year Stamp Camp, I knew I wanted to make a kimono card.  Quickly searching the internet, I thought hmm.. I can do better than that.... and what a mistake that assumption was!  This card probably took me two days to make... waaaaay to long in create mode.  The end result is ok.. but sometimes when I look at it, all I see is a bathrobe... definitely NOT my intention!  Hmm... Perhaps I'll resurrect this card for Fathers' Day... maybe... or maybe not!

ghi2_chny0209slf

 

First off... this card was a cutting and scoring nightmare.  NOT what you want to have to do before camp.  Well, I guess it wasn't that bad.. The Kimono or Ghi was cut from Barely Banana Card Stock measuring 5" x 8.5", scored at 1/4", 2.5", and 6.25" and stamped with the small flower from Baroque Motifs in Brilliant Blue Classic Ink.  The sleeves were cut 1" wide from the bottom edge UP 3" and then 1.5" was removed from the bottom edge of each sleeve.  Clear as mud?  Yup... cutting nightmare.

I used a cheater piece or self made template to cut the sleeve angles top right and left... reversing direction for opposing sleeves, and I did cheat with a zutter corner rounder to round all layers at once (the pink one... worked like a dream.)

After all the stamping and cutting was done, we folded the 1/4" flap over, and then folded a V into the neckline of the Ghi, slipped some of that wonderful FREE sale a bration ribbon around the waist and tied a bow before attaching to the brilliant blue card stock and finally the Certainly Celery Card Stock.

Whew... check back tomorrow.. for my CASE'd Kimono Card.  I'm sure you'll find it MUCH easier to do, I know I did!!

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,,
Pin It!

No comments: