Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Brayered Texture Plate Box

I'm really enjoying the new Stampin' Up! Sizzix Box #2 die!  The small rectangle box (item 114518) is so very easy to assemble and you only need add some tombow or sticky tape to one small flap!  The box is large enough to hold a granola bar, or several pieces of chocolate and is perfect for wedding or party favors too.

I made this box a couple weeks ago while prepping for an this stamp camp event.  This is not the box we ended up making, opting instead to make the pink rectangular box with buttons instead.  But, playing around in my tremendously trashed stamp room... I noticed my exclusive Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 texture plates (item114512 6 designs/$11.95) sitting next to my Big Shot machine.  The plates were noisy... calling out "I want to play too!"  I was working with Whisper White card stock, and thought I needed a little more than just texture, so grabbed my handy dandy brayer and went to work.  I was working with 12x12 paper as the box die is 11" long, so I had to brayer the stampin' up! backgrounds plate more than once and move it along the entire length of the whisper white card stock.  After running the texture plate through my Big Shot a couple of times, I then cut out the box using Box #2 die.  The embossing on the box was flattened a bit by the pressure of the plates... but I liked the end result... Perhaps next time I'll use Baja Breeze classic ink, you know it will only be around for a few more months as the In-Colors will retire when the new catalog comes out!

brayerdplateboxfrocbyu0214

Remember... you can order all these products at my ONLINE Store CreatedByU.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,
Pin It!

1 comment:

Norine said...

this box is very pretty love it
Hugs
Norine