Sunday's box and bag class was such fun! We made the cute little Valentine Game Tote which was Monday's featured tutorial right here on Created By You. The other bag was much larger... as you can see in the photo below, larger than a standard A2 card! Today, I'm going to tell you how that bag was made too!
The Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper gift bag is shown in the upper right corner of the photo above, and features a pretties flower embellishment, reinforced paper handles, and the new Stampin' Up! Sizzlit 4-pack die selection "Lot's of Tags." The bag was quite simple to construct, and the technique will easily transpose to encompass all your gift bag needs... here is how you can make one of your own!
- 6x9 white envelope (available at office supply stores)
- Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
- Whisper White and Not Quite Navy Card Stock
- Paper Trimmer with scoring blade
- Bone Folder
- Pretties Kit
- Sponge Dauber
- Barely Banana and Bordering Blue Classic Ink
- Boho Blossoms an Eyelet Border Punches
- White Tafetta Ribbon
- Cropadile tool, brad
- Glue dots, Tombow Multi Adhesive, Mono Adhesive, stampin' up dimensionals
Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper Gift Bag Instructions (4.5 x 6 x 3)
Make the EnvelopeBag
· Seal 6x9 Envelope
· Cut ¼” off one long side of the envelops
· Score all uncut edges at 1 ½”
· Use bone folder to crease all fold lines (both ways). This will make opening and forming the bag very easy.
· Open the bag, you will notice two triangular shaped ‘ears’ at the bottom of the bag.
· Tuck the triangular shaped ears towards the bag bottom and glue in place with tombow multi-adhesive.
Decorate the front of the bag
· Align 3x6 piece of bella bleu designer paper with the bottom edge of the bag front, and glue in place using mono adhesive or tombow.
· Use eyelet border punch along long edge of 1 ½” x 6” whisper white card stock
· Affix the eyelet border to wrong side of 1 1/2 x 6" bella bleu designer paper, and then attach assemblage to the top edge of the bag front.
Embellish the bag
· Use sponge dauber and Barely Banana Classic Ink to enhance the edges of a Large Pretties bloom.
· Punch a small flower of barely banana card stock for center of pretties bloom
· Use scissor tip to push a hole through the center of the punched bloom
· Using the 1/8” punch of the cropadile tool, carefully punch a hole near the top right side of the bag, near the handle.
· Attach the pretties and punch bloom to the bag through the hole with a brad
· Use a glue dot to attach a pretties ‘pearl’ to the center of the flower.
Paper Handles, and bag tag
· Score Very Vanilla (8 ½” x 11”) paper at ½” and 1 ½”
· Cut two 1” strips (scored line will be in center of strip.
· Use bone folder to crease the fold in each handle
· Use fingers to gently ‘curl’ the paper handles
· Attach handles with tombow multi adhesive so that the bottom of each handle aligns with the bottom of the 1 ½” x 6” Not Quite Navy header strips ****NOTE: be sure that the curve of the handle faces away from the glued side of the header strips. When the strips are placed inside the bag, the handles will curl towards the center of the bag.
· Attach the handles to the inside/top edge of the bag.
· Cut away stitching from Whisper White tag
· Stamp greeting, and affix to the not quite navy tag
· Slip Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon through eye on tag, and tie to left front handle of bag.
· Use a dimensional dot to permanently position the tag to the bag
Need more great paper crafting ideas? Check out this fabulous little scallop note drink tote onJulie's Blog!