Wednesday, February 25, 2009

5 Petal Flower Punch Play

Got just a little carried away with the 5 petal flower punch today!  Looking at a scrap of paper I had punched, I realized this punch would make a great peek-a-boo card.  (Peek-a-boo card:  punched on the front to reveal same image displayed on the inside of the card.)

The first card I created had bravo burgundy on the inside of the card... and then I realized there was no where to write a message to the recipient!  Oops... not a good idea, but it did inspire card #2!  After quickly re-working the card, this is what I came up with:

aoutsidepunchflowercard0223

And here is a picture of the re-worked inside of the card:

 

apunchflowercard223inside

As you can see, the leaves actually overlap the punched images a bit on the front (left side) of the card.  The punched images are attached on the inside of the card... I'm still looking for olives (the front actually reminds me of olive branches.)

Supplies:  Stem Silhouettes stamp set; confetti white, bravo burgundy and old olive card stock. Little leaves sizzlit, 5-petal flower punch, flower trio punch, dimensional dots, sponge dauber, bravo burgundy ink.

The second card I made was inspired by the goof up on the inside of my first attempt, I like the strong colors and contrast  on this card... simple to make, and lots of writing space on the inside too!

apunchplay0223slf

Supplies:  5 - petal flower punch, little leaves sizzlit, sponge dauber, 3 flower punch, sincere salutations stamp set, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, and Confetti White Card Stock, Bravo Burgundy Ink

Which one do you like best?

Have a good day!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Norine said...

Sharon these cards are amazing love the punch out flowers and the colors very creative
hugs
Norine