Or instructions, directions... refer to it as you may! Yesterday, I posted a cute little treat holder reworked from a swap (Original Post HERE). I received requests all day long for a tutorial and/or the measurements for this cute little valentine treat... so here you go!
Valentine Pixie Sticks Treat Holder Tutorial
This cute and simple treat holder was a great hit at the Alden Road Exceptional Student Center! I think the greatest challenge when making this treat holder was to find the pixie sticks... yes, I went to Wally World, Publix, Winn Dixie... but they only seem to carry those items during the summer!! I did manage to find them at the local drug stores (CVS and Walgreens)... so if you're looking for Pixie Sticks, you might want to try your local pharmacy!
- Card Stock: Riding Hood Red, Pretty In Pink Whisper White
- Classic Ink: Riding Hood Red
- Stamps: Love You Much
- Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, SU! Scallop, Heart to Heart, and 1 /4" circle punches; tombow multi adhesive, Real Red stampin' write marker; Candy Lane Designer Series Paper; EK Success 2" scallop punch; rubber band, Crop a Dile Tool, 3 pixie sticks, paper snips, stapler, sharp pencil and Stampin' Up! mat pak
- Cut Riding Hood Red card stock 1 3/4 x 11".
- Score along long side at 2 3/4, 6 3/4, and 7 1/4
- Between the scored lines that are only 1/2" apart, use your handy dandy Stampin' Up! mat pack and a pencil to evenly space a set of three holes (I used the medium holes on the template because it allowed me to put one in the center of the 1/2 " strip, skip one and pencil the 2nd and 3rd holes to each side)
- Punch out the holes with the 3/8" punch on the crop-a-dile
- Put your paper snips into a hole just far enough that they rest along the edges of the hole, and gently 'twirl' to enlarge it enough to fit the pixie sticks - don't apply too much pressure, you don't want to over enlarge the hole.
- Repeat for remaining two holes.
- Pinch one end of the pixie sticks, check that it fits snuggly through your holes, and then set aside.
- Fold on all scored lines.
- Open it up so that only the 2 3/4" flap is folded against the back of the holder
- Put one staple in each edge of the 2 3/4" flap... about 1/3" way down from the top edge.
- Cut a piece of DSP1 5/8" x 3 5/8" and affix to the front flap of the pixie sticks holder
- Decorate the un-pinched end of the pixie sticks with scallop punches and stamped images. (I tried to staple the sticks but they came loose... so used tombow and two scallops with the sticks between the layers.
To secure the holder, tie with a ribbon or... as in the sample,
- or cut a 1 3/4" circle of card stock and place it on top of the pixie sticks holder.
- Wrap a rubber band around the circle and the holder
- Punch a scallop punch of coordinating card stock and glue to the circle (scallop will be mounted OVER the rubber band... I use tombow)**
- Decorate with an additional stamped scallop punch.
**Another way to secure the holder with rubberband: Staple the rubber band between a circle and and the larger scallop punch... just make sure the entire assembly will fit securely around your pixie sticks holder.
Clear as mud?
Remember.. the Love You Much Valentine Promotion includes the Love You Much Stamp Set, Candy Lane Designer Series Paper, and the new Heart to Heart Punch AND it's on sale (20% off) thru January 31st! The item number for the bundle is # 115405 (regular price $51.85 on sale for $41.48)... AND... you can order it online just click the SHOP NOW button in the upper right corner of my Online Store >>HERE<<
Note: edited to correct size of riding hood red cs to 1 3/4" x 11"... sorry for any confusion it may have caused!!