Saturday, January 3, 2009

Heart To Heart Punch Becomes the Bodice

Kind of a weird title, huh?  Well, I was just sitting at my stampin' table having a really bad case of stampers' block when I decided to dig out some of my newer punches.  I picked up the Stampin' Up! Wide Oval punch and thought hmmmm....  what would happen if I chopped off part of the Wide Oval Punch with the Scallop Edge Punch? 

Perhaps any normal person would have immediately seen the egg cup, and an Easter Card which my upline was begging me to venture off to... but, nope... I saw a dress which needed a heart shaped bodice!  The new Stampin' Up! Heart To Heart Punch was the perfect instrument for my challenge!  With three different sizes and shapes of hearts, I just knew one would fit my dress perfectly! 

heart2heartswapdressLong story short... The simple little dress begged for a card of it's own!  Here is my finished card with a sweet Pink Pirouette Dress and a gel pen polka dotted heart shaped bodice!

I guess the white gel pen polka dotted bodice doesn't really show very well in the photo (I still need a new camera... ), but trust me they are there!

Stampin' Up! Stamps:  Polka Dot, Classic Stripes, Bella Toile, Humor in High Heels

Stampin' Up! Card Stock:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette

Stampin' Up! Punches:  Heart to Heart, Wide Oval, Scallop Edge, Corner Rounder

Stampin' Up! Accessories:  Pretty in Pink and Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Gray Classic Ink, Pink Pirouette Classic Ink, Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker, Crop-a-dile tool.

Have a wonderful day!

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

manicstamper said...

Love what you did with the heart punch......that's so clever.

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
A Happy New Year to you.

Oh and I just love the chicken church....so funny. I'm sitting here giggling away.

Sheila-x-

Sue Ring said...

This is adorable!! You are so clever!! I love new things using pucnhes. My customers will lvoe it!! oi can see lots of orders for the heart punch and hopefully even more the bundle. Thanks for the inspiration Sharon!!
Sue Ring

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Very cute and very stylish and very original Sharon. Definitely got a CASE this one :)

When I clicked on the picture and it enlarged I could see the polka dots on the bodice just fine (well with my glasses on to be perfectly honest - lol!).

The tricky part was realizing that the odd "cut out" in the skirt hem was really the support piece holding the card! Now I know my fever is back! My fogged mind spent a good 15 minutes trying to figure out what made that interesting shaped cut out! That will teach me to read the supply list instead of making a game of figuring it out first!

Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Zeta said...

Hey thanks for the comment....I really like your card too!!!~

~ZETA~

Lizzie said...

I love using punches and finding different uses for them. Can't wait to share this idea with my stamping friends.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to CASE and share with my friends and family!
- Sue

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this... and you're right, if I punch the oval with the scalloped punch it looks just like an easter egg. I hope you'll post your easter egg card too!
Maya