Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year... Can you spot something odd in this photo?

This year, my husband and I decided to spend Christmas away from home.  My husband really prefers warm weather and although we live in North Florida, the forecast was quite grim and cold.... so we left!!

Christmas was a very, very busy time... and I certainly had no time for stampin' (unfortunately).  We did get to see a lot, meet quite a few people, and spend quality time together with family and new friends too.  The two bedroom condo we rented was unfortunately not decorated for Christmas... but the views were pretty great, and the weather as advertised, was gorgeous!

bigchicken01_tampachristmasWhile sitting on the balcony watching sailboats and water, I had a chance to peruse the landscape and local architecture as well.  I guess my mind was missing my creative outlets so when I glanced across the bay at this site, I just had to laugh!!!  Can you see what I saw in the background?

 

 

Christmas08_sunset_tampa983When I saw it, I also couldn't wait to share my awesome find with both my husband and daughter.... just too funny!!

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a close-up... too funny!!

In the mean time, here's another view... a Holiday Sunset.  Very peaceful, and relaxing and you must know I could have stayed much longer (or moved there in a minute).

 

 

So... (drumroll... ) are you ready??  The building I was giggling at was actually a church, and the part that was so funny was actually the church steeple!  Of course, my daughter spotted it right away when I told her to look in that direction.  Her fiancee said "what's so funny, are you looking at the church?"

tampa_Christmas08_bigchicke

I called it "The Big Chicken" because it made me think of a warm and fun family holiday story about my daughter... of course she argued that it really looks more like an owl.  What on earth was the architect thinking?  Or, perhaps he had a very creative sense of humor?  Look thru the sailboat mast... here it is!!

The Big Chicken (Or Owl if you must... )

 

Wishing you a safe, prosperous, and healthy New Year!!  I'm stamping this weekend, so I'll be sharing cards again tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Thanks for sharing this one Sharon. I love what your photographic eye says about your funny bone - lol!

The views remind me a bit of sunny Spain or Southern Portugal(though I have to admit I don't remember any feathered faced Churches there!).

Afraid I have to agree with your daughter on further reflection. The original shot looks like a chicken but up close much more owl-like to these old Oregon eyes of mine.

Happy New Year and blessings to you all...

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Hee..hee...he...I take it all back now it looks more like a Rubber Ducky! Like the bathtub variety and like the ones we use for our local Rubber Ducky Charity Derby in Grants Pass. If you ever want a fun time watch adults and kids alike egging on their rubber ducks in a River Race. I always wonder what people think about the ones that get away (that river goes down to the sea in less than 90 miles).

Thanks again!

Godelieve said...

hahaha :) good one!

Anonymous said...

That bird is too funny! What a creative eye you have, and I agree, were they thinking?