Sunday, January 4, 2009

An Elegant Thank You Card with a Twist

Well, not really a twist... more of a button!  This card is a prototype... mostly because I'm not sure which way to fold the flap and button it... I've actually made two of these cards with the 'flap' facing each direction.  I'm still puzzled by it, so will put it aside to re-address in the morning.  Sometimes things are so much clearer in the morning!

elegantstems_swap

sweetstems_flapleft809809

 

 

 

 

 

At this point, I think I'm leaning more towards the card on the right... perhaps I'll pop it up a bit to add more dimension to the card.. we'll see.  The white showing thru the button on the right is actually my Tombow Multi Adhesive which apparently hadn't fully dried at the time the photo was taken.  No worry, it will dry perfectly clear.

I really like this image from Sweet Stems... can't you see it stamped with Craft ink on a tablecloth and/or linen napkins?  It would be a great image to use the piercing tool and mat pack on too, give the card an eyelet appearance... hmmm.

Supplies:

Stampin' Up! Stamps:  Sweet Stems, Elegant Thank You.

Card Stock:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Baja Breeze

Classic Inks:  Baja Breeze, Basic Gray

Accessories:  Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Up! Sizzlit Button Die, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 3/4" circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

Sharon

 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Denita said...

G'Morning Sharon,

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I sooo...agree with you darling, sad that most people (women) just DON'T get it.

I couldn't tell from your blog where you are located.

It always amazes me how we stumble across each others blogs in bloggy land.

Have a great day Sharon.

Namaste'
Denita

Leah said...

Thanks for your comment Sharon, what a great blog you have, I'll be coming back.

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant card, will you be doing this for our stamp club?

bonnie32002 said...

This is a very good design, very eye appealing!