Thursday, January 15, 2009

Creative Play, Paper Seamstress... How to Make My Pretty Pink Gown

heart2heartdressswapforleadership129eihd

 

Remember the pretty pink dress on this card?  I posted it before going to the Stampin' Up! Leadership event in Orlando, Florida (where, it seems it caused quite a stir), and was also posted on splitcoaststampers before I even got back home to Jacksonville!  Several people have asked me how it was made and/or how I came up with it... so, here we go!

 

scallopovaleggtulip98324rj

 

Actually, I started out to make an Easter card... and then things took a furious turn!

I took my Wide Oval Punch, and centered one narrow end in my scallop edge punch to create what began as an Easter Egg.  But it looked more like a very plain tulip to me... so...

 

 

 

Ovalhasbeenscalloped3209810

 

I turned it around and suddenly realized that it was actually the bottom of a pretty pink gown!

Well, every gown needs a bodice (must be the seamstress in me)...

 

 

 

 

ovalwithheartbeginsadress02

 

So, I reached for my heart to heart punch...

At first I tried the medium heart, but it made the dress look too frumpy when the tip was buried under the oval.  I opted instead for the largest heart, giving the dress a taller silhouette.

 

 

 

adressfromovalandheart02498

 

The very tip of the heart was affixed to the crest of the oval with tombow multi adhesive glue... and a gown was born!

Note:  There has been some discussion as to whether this dress is appropriate for younger girls... (Lee)... as a simple modification, you could add a white paper camisole and some rhinestone straps too!

 

 

 

addasashribbon92480il

 

Of course, every dress needs a sash and/or pretty bow, and a knot of white taffeta ribbon served that purpose well.

On the original card, I also used my white signo gel pen to add stitching along the bottom hemline of the dress, and polka dots to the bodice.

 

 

 

heart2heartdressswapforlead

 

Oh... and as one reader pointed out, the black object at the bottom of the dress is part of the wire stand which the card was sitting in when the photo was taken.

Hope to see all your paper seamstress creations soon!

Sharon

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

kerri hunter said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog
i am glad i came over to take a look at yours. Love this dress what a fantastic idea you are sooo talented