Saturday, January 24, 2009

Barnes and Noble Tote... and Now a Card

You should see my stamp room!!!  Boy, oh boy is it a mess... then again, perhaps you shouldn't see it!

I've always worked very hard to come up with original designs and creations for my card camps.  And yes, occasionally I C.A.S.E. (copy and share everything).  Sometimes it's kind of hard to recall exactly where your inspiration came from, as we're inundated with print media, feedblitz subscriptions and RSS feeds on a daily basis!  I always enjoy reading those "inspired by" posts... and my stamper friends always ask who/what/where/whom I was inspired by..

Last week, I looked around my disastrous stamp room... and noticed this Barnes and Noble bag sitting in the corner.  It was one of those "I just HAVE to HAVE" it purchases, aka impulse buys.  I loved this handy dandy tote when I purchased it... and I have to tell you that I still love it!  BUT I can honestly say that I had a moment of revelation, and was sweepingly inspired by this simple but pretty and soft recycled bag.

barnesandnoblebaginspiratio

Today... as I scanned the demolished room, I ENVISIONED A BEAUTIFUL CARD... a revelation... A NEW, Never before Seen CARD!!!  The angels sang, the heavens opened up, and I went to work.

As any true blue stamper can tell you... the table was trashed, the trash can was full... and my creations were DUDS.... YUCK!!!  The colors just didn't work, the background just wasn't right... and most of all, I needed MORE STAMPS!!!  I quickly leafed through my new Spring and Summer Idea Book and Catalog 2009... and made a list that I couldn't even begin to afford.... worst yet, my camp was closing on me... FAST. 

Tossing aside the prototypes, samples and outright mistakes... I looked at my shelf of current Stampin' Up! stamp sets... and sighed as I tapped my chin....

Tired of reading this gibberish?   Hey.. do you really think I'm speaking gibberish?... I must be tired, and promise I'll be back to my old solemn self tomorrow.... perhaps.

Inspired-by-Barnes-and-Nobl

ANYWAY... I did make a card... and I think I like it...  not quite what I had envisioned, but there's always time to reinvent the wheel and recreate the card.  I just hope my stamp-a-stack attendees like it.  OK, I really hope they LOVE it... Isn't that what we all want??

Stampin' Up! Stamps:  Dream A little, Tres Chic

Stampin' Up! Card Stock:  Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, Very Vanilla

Stampin' Up! Ink:  Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue,  White Craft

Stampin' Up! Accessories:   Corner Rounder Punch, Signo White Gel Pen, Paper Snips, Sponge Daubers, NEW Certainly Celery Twill Tape Ribbon

 

See you tomorrow!!

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

How beautiful it is! As you've inspired me with your cards, it is really cool to see how you've been inspired!

sburiel said...

I think your card turned out great! Such good colors!

Carrie said...

I love your card! I can definitely see the resemblence to your inspiration piece. Your room sounds just like mine! Every time I want to work on something, I have to rearrange all the piles, and dig high and low for just the right stamp!

Patty Bennett said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! And what great inspiration on the lovely tote too! :) Patty

val said...

Sharon, I think your card is beautiful as is.......inspiration can be found anywhere and one never knows when it will raise it's beautiful head and challenge us to reach newer heights....BRAVO

Elizabeth Velazquez said...

Sharon,

I love the colors! You did a wonderful job! Liz

Susan B said...

Sharon I love the card. You interpreted your inspiration beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Sharon - It is awesome. You did a great job. What a terrific color combo. Keep inspiring us we love it. Wendy