Thursday, December 18, 2008

Puns from the Past Winter Sampler Stamp Set

I've been wanting to do something with this set for quite some time now... but never had the time or inspiration.  Today (finally) I was able to sit quietly at my stampin' table and play around with it for a bit... and now am sharing two of the cards I made.

 

perkup1217_slf

 

This cute little coffee pot just cried out basic gray, and is a wonderful get well card for that guy in your life!  The caption reads "hope you perk up soon"... isn't that cute?

Stamps:  Puns from the Past, Classic Stripes

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Real Red

Classic Ink:  Basic Gray, Real Red

Accessories:  diamond shaped (retired) brads, crop a dile tool, Whisper White satin ribbon, sponge daubers

 

 

 

punsfrom_thepast_sewing_012

 

I really wanted to add a little faux stitching on this card but plan to demo it at my Seniors' group and so opted to keep it simple, adding piercing elements in the corners.  The top to bottom tied striped grosgrain adds an element of surprise too.  Many of my Seniors also belong to a quilting and sewing group so I thought they' d get a charge out of the caption "sew glad we're friends".

Stamps:  Puns from the Past

Card Stock:  Naturals White, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa

Classic Ink:  Close to Cocoa

Accessories:   Striped Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and piercing tool

 

 

Hope you have a Stampin' Good Day!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: