Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Preview... A Little New Year Cheer

We've been making Christmas and Holiday cards for months... I certainly hope you've managed to complete all your cards. I still have to stamp and address mine, but that too will have to wait until our youngest graduates from the University of North Florida. So many other "projects" have pre-empted that activity... but my DH always says I kick into super human mode when under pressure and with a tight timeline.

Yesterday, I sanded the upper cupboards on my now infamous cabinet, except for the doors. For some reason, the carpenter neglected to do much sanding at all on the door frames.. what a job that is going to be!!! I went through a LOT of 220 grit paper... and made an emergency run to HD for more. Since I have card Club on Wednesday, I didn't really want to break out the sealer and sanders this afternoon... opting instead to prepare for the class. (Now isn't that a duh moment??)

HappyNewYearinthespotlight This is one of the projects we will be making during the club meeting.... A classic New Year Card, perfect for welcoming in the new year with lots of cheer. Stamps: Spotlight on Christmas, Holidays and Wishes

Card Stock: Naturals White, Basic Black, Brushed Gold

Other: Large Star Punch, Craft Basic Black Ink, Encore Gold Ink, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and Glitter, Heat Tool, Dimensional Dots.

Basic Technique: Pre-heat the Heat Tool... It always works best when pre-heated!! Next, stamp the Star from Spotlight on Christmas onto Basic Black cards tock with Encore Gold Ink. Make sure you have LOTS of Gold ink on the stamp!! Sprinkle with Iridescent Ice Embossing/Glitter and heat until it turns shiny. Repeat on a small strip of Basic Black Card Stock for the Swirled image. Stamp "Happy New Year with Basic Black Craft Ink onto Brushed Gold Card Stock, cover with iridescent ice embossing/glitter and heat.

The Star was punched out with the SU! large star punch.. I LOVE that it left a small black shadow around the image!! Makes it look like I've added another layer!

Well.. got to go, the club members will be arriving shortly... I wonder what we'll have to eat today?? Yum!!

Sharon

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: