Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hostess Appreciation Luncheon

This year, I decided to reward my special hostesses and customers with a luncheon.  We didn't do any stamping, we just visited among friends, stuffed our bellies with home made food, and had a Chinese gift exchange.  I supplied all the gifts (Stampin' Up! freebies for all) for the exchange, and each person was allowed two steals.  I couldn't believe it when nobody stole a gift!!  Everyone enjoyed their gifts, and said they had a wonderful time!  Everyone went home with a special 'goodie bag' too.. with handmade rubber stamp shaped chocolates, gumdrop trees, a little box of Mrs. Fields' Chocolates wrapped in Ski Slope Designer Series Paper, and a personal pine cone ornament complete with the old German Legend and wishes of prosperity and health for the new year. 

 

hostess_penguins_rdiehl_slf

 

All the goodies were packaged in a 4X5 gift bag, inspired by a fellow demonstrator Rosemarie Diehl.  Rosemarie resides in Southern California, and I met her through an online demonstrator group, she is very talented... you can visit her wonderful blog "Rose's World" HERE.  The White Cardstock was cut with the Bigz Top Note Die, his little feet are cut using the curly label punch... Rose made a card, I changed it to a cute little bag.  You can see the directions and supplies for her Christmas Card Penguin Here.  Make sure to leave a comment when you visit.. bloggers appreciate your comments!

 

 

 

christmas_hostess_1208slf

 

For the luncheon, I made rosemary chicken, broccoli salad, garlic bread, and wild rice pilaf.  Desserts were pecan praline muffins, and almond/strawberry tarts.  Yummy!  The tables were set in Silver/White and Red  (I had to lock up my kitty cats to keep them off the pre-set table... I put them in my daughters' bedroom for the afternoon and it was a special treat for them because they really LOVE to sleep on people beds!)  Over the next few days, I'll be posting the recipes as requested by the attendees. 

 

I hope you enjoy them and have a safe and happy Christmas and New Years too!  I'll be spending a quiet Christmas Holiday with my family here in Sunny Florida.  I will also be working on my Regional Convention and Leadership Swaps... I've got less than two weeks to create/make them!!  And then I'm off to the Stampin' Up! Regional Convention with other Demonstrators from the South East USA! 

 

 

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hostesses are a very lucky bunch! I hope they appreciate all your work! The penguins are just too cute!