This is the adorable bag we made for Card Club this month! It matches the New Years' Card we made (HERE) The bag is quite simple and quick to make and is a miniature version of one I received in a swap last month from Laura. . A zig painty was used to add gold detail to the scallop edges and corners as well. My bag is 4.25" wide and 6" tall with a velcro closure and buckle.. CLICK HERE to see the original (larger version) of the bag. I don't have time to add a photo tutorial, but have included the directions as provided to club attendees... hope you enjoy them!
Stamp Set: Wanted
Ink: Classic Black Craft Ink
Card Stock: Basic Black, Brushed Gold
Other: 1/16" punch, scalloped edge punch, velcro dot, 1 3/4" circle punch, 2 gold grads, iridescent ice embossing powder, heat tool, tombow multi adhesive, bone folder.
STEP BY STEP
· Turn on heat tool so that it gets nice and HOT!!
· Stamp Medallion from Wanted stamp set with black craft ink onto 3” square of brushed gold card stock. Medallion (overheat)… this will also cause the iridescent Ice embossing powder to acquire it’s own special patina with additional hues of purple and green.
· Punch the medallion with the 1 ¾” circle punch, set aside.
· Cut Basic Black Card Stock 8 ½” x 4 ¼”. Score at 3 ¾” and 4 ¾” (or 3 ¾” from each short end)
· Fold and crease along all scored lines… The short sides will become the top and bottom of your bag.
· Make a pencil (dot) mark ¾” in from each side along the top and bottom edges of bag.
· Use a straight edge or ruler to draw a straight line between the pencil dot and first fold/score, score along 4 pencil lines, use bone folder to crease.
· Use the scallop edge punch along each top edge.
· Decorate with a gold Zig Painty. In the sample, the scalloped edges were outlined, a dot of gold was placed just beneath each scallop “v” and three gold dots were added to the lower corners of the ‘bag’.
· Cut two (2) 1” x 4 ½”” Pieces of Basic Black Card Stock, score each piece at 4”… These pieces will become the ‘sides’ of your bag and use a bone folder to crease the scored line(s). Scallop the unscored edge.
· Make a single pencil dot ½” from the top and sides (un-scored) and ½” in from the side of these pieces, punch the penciled dot with a 1/16” hole punch
· Decorate the piece with a Zig Painty(scallops and dots)
· Glue ½” edge into bottom fold of purse with Tombow Multi Adhesive, hold in position until dry.
· Cut a Piece of Brushed Gold Card Stock 1” x 3 ½” (this will become your bag closure). Use a Bone folder to gently curl this piece.
· Glue ½” into the back/center of bag with Tombow Multi Adhesive… just below the scalloped edge, holding in position until dry.
· Add Medallion with Tombow Multi Adhesive to this piece, positioning so that the closure comes down to the center of the medallion. Hold in position until dry.
· Place both pieces of a Velcro dot in the center of the medallion, overlapping the closure strap too.
· Cut Brushed Gold Card Stock 8 ½” x ¾” for handle. Measure ½” down from each ¾” edge, and center a pencil mark/punch. Use corner rounder on all (4) edges.
· Fold up/in bag sides. The top edges will overlap slightly… all edges will align.
IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE ATTACHING SIDES OF BAG: DO NOT GLUE the top edge of the bag!!!
The top outer edge must be free to allow the bag handle to swing out of the way. Add Tombow Multi Adhesive along to the outer side piece from the fold and up 2” ONLY.. DO NOT GLUE TO THE TOP OF THE BAG!! A fine line of glue is all you will need. Work with only one side piece at a time, and place glue on both edges before folding into place. Hold in position until dry.
· Place the corner rounded and punched edge of the gold handle between the outer and inner bag sides. Align the two punched holes and re-punch through all (4) layers.
5 days to company... 7 to Graduation... and LOTS of work to be done!!