Monday, December 8, 2008

Deer Friends... and there's still more to be done

mbibens_deerfriends

 

I had just a few moments to check the Stampin' Up! Stampers' Showcase yesterday... and came across an adorable card made by Maureen Bibens.  Although I have found a few Internet references to Maureen and her cards, she unfortunately has no blog or Stampin' Up! site that I can find and share with you!

One of my all time favorites, the Deer Friends stamp set is a hostess only set which will no longer be available once our new catalog is released in January.  Deer Friends is a level two set, which means it is FREE with a merchandise order or party (book or in home) of $300.00 or more.  My Wednesday Morning Stampers' Club Hostess just earned this stamp set in November, and was she ever excited!! 

Did you happen to notice the words used as flower stems?  They are from the "Heard from the Heart" stamp set.  To get ONLY the words, use a marker to color just the words you want.   I thought Maureen's card was quite clever... and I loved the polka dot background stamp in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White card stock.  The bella toile designer series paper was used for the red polka dotted edge, and she used her sponge dauber to add red ink to the edges of the deer friends sana and snowman.  Too darn cute!!

Still More to Be Done....

Progress Report:  Our Christmas Tree is up and decorated!! Thanks to my darling daughter, who came to help with chores on Friday night and Saturday!! My very good friends Kelly and Debbie are making food for the party.. (a complete menu still unknown).  Our son and my sister will arrive in just two days, and then I may just have to put them to work too!  Still have to make my downline meeting swaps... and get a gift for our Silpada Jewelry Representative Christmas Party... and reorganize the kitchen to make good use of my  new cupboard!  Oh.. and I guess I'd better start addressing my Christmas Cards!!

My stamp room is buried but I'm sure I can squeeze out a few swaps... no problem... Yeah!!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: