Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stretching the limits... a collage of color and A Happy Thanksgiving Wish

outofmyczone_nov

Don't you just love the bee in the upper left corner of this card? Personally I don't like bees at all, but realize they do serve a purpose and have a very explicit purpose in nature too... but who really likes being stung by a bee?

This was a fun card to make, and an experiment in collage and layers, something I don't do often because most of my customers just don't want to go there... So this one was for me. I think I may rework it as a Christmas card, add some other stamped images with a holiday slant... again, it's just a starting point for me.

Stamps: Flores Suaves (the bee and script on the tag), Tres Chic (the script on the bottom of the card), Thank you kindly, and Baroque Motifs (the swirls on the tag)

Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Naturals White

Classic Inks: Bravo Burgundy

Sizzix Dies: Birds and Blooms Sizzlit, Bird with Leaves and Flowers Die

Punches: Assorted Circle Punches, Large Oval Punch, Tag Corner Punch, Cropadile Tool

Accessories: Old Olive Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Large eyelets, sponge daubers, and white gel pen

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: