Friday, November 28, 2008

My Home is Full of Gator Fans

Yikes.. not sure how I got so far off track... but the other day... after a full day of creating and creating, I looked back on my cards and realized I was working with Seminole colors. "Not Good!"... As my daughter would say! I was really experimenting with colors that I don't use often, and was on a roll, unbeknownst to me... right towards Tallahassee! OK, Gator Fans.. you'll be happy to know that once I realized what I had done, these cards were quickly abandoned. I wasn't quite sure where I was going with my texture and pattern play anyway.

almost_fsu1_nov

Both these cards use the large background stamp Bella Toile. In the first sample, I've stamped it in bravo burgundy on So Saffron Card Stock. I used the scallop circle punch, several circle punches, and the birds and blooms sizzlit to make the medallion. The Polka Dot Stamp was added to the right side of the card too...

Not too crazy about this sample... just an experiment in creativity, layers, and texture. I guess I should create another card in Brilliant Blue and Tangerine Tango... we'll see!

almostfsu2_nov

So here is another Burgundy and Saffron card. I've added Brocade Blue to the center, and stamped it with Bravo Burgundy. I really like the Brocade Blue and Burgundy combination, may revisit that when I have another marathon creative session. The other element of this card that I really like is the So Saffron 7/8" Poly Twill Ribbon. I'll be ripping this card apart in the next few days to see if I can come up with a better rendition... but will have to think about it a bit first.

This week is going to be a crazy one... I'm prepping for my preorder class and expect the rest of the materials to arrive any moment now... the class is full but I've got a lot of work to do. I also have a repeat of my One Sheet Wonder class.. 4th session (also full) on Sunday. If you're signed up, I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Thanksgiving Day is tomorrow too.. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: