Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary.... And CASE as promised

I promised to share my case of Abby's Card which I posted yesterday... and here it is!

blueanniv_case

 

This is a card I made to give my DH for our 26th Anniversary.  He loved the handmade card (of course) and didn't know it was a CASE, nor would he actually care!  Last year I purchased an ooey gooey card from Hallmark and he asked why I didn't just make him a card... so this year I did.  

Well here's my CASE.. I changed the colors to a more masculine venue, using bashful blue, close to cocoa, very vanilla and chocolate chip card stock.  The designer paper is from last fall... just something I had left over.. and I added a chocolate chip scroll across the stripes to give it a bit more character.  The soft swirling 'love' is from Wonderful Words.. I just love how these words flow gently across the page and appear almost hand written.  The little "love" postage stamp is from Dreams DuJour and was hand cut to let the image flow onto the bashful blue scalloped square punch. 

 

 

anniv_inside_everything

 

I thought the little stamped image needed a little something more I cut a second scallop square punch from Chocolate Chip Card Stock, split it in half, and then mounted it to the top and bottom of the bashful blue square... giving the whole medallion a bit more character.  The scroll is from Baroque Motifs, and was stamped across the top of the vanilla piece, on the designer paper and on the interior of the card too.

I love to add layers and dimension to my cards with unexpected elements... here is the inside of the card.  I used the 'everything' definition from the 'define your life' stamp set.... The picture seemed to fade out the stamping a bit.. I still need a new camera!!

I have to thank Abby for the inspiration... It was fun to have her visit and bring along the new baby and her daughter Rebecca as well (Hi! Rebecca)..always a breath of fresh air!

Sharon

 

Pin It!

No comments: