Thursday, November 6, 2008

Falling Down on the Job, Deer Friends

No, that's not a typo... Today I'm sharing two fabulous cards made with the Deer Friends Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set.  Not exactly what I had planned... I planned to spend all day yesterday stamping and creating new and fabulous cards to share... but life suddenly took a different turn (more on that later).  Hopefully I will be able to create my color swatch cards this afternoon after class!

I've shared tons of cards made with the "Deer Friends"  Hostess Level 2 stamp set... It's not something you can buy, but you can earn it when you host a workshop with merchandise sales of $300.00 or more.  And, here's a little secret... you can also earn it when you join a stamp club!  In stamp club, the hostess is rotated from month to month and members commit to meeting a minimum purchase each month (for instance 6 members $25.00 each = $150.00).  If you are the hostess this month, simply bring another $150.00 in outside orders (or bump up your own order to $180.00) and you will qualify for this level 2 set (plus $35.00 in free merchandise)... Wow!!Mary_Salvato

 

 

This is a card which appeared on Stampers' Showcase... a gallery for demonstrators.  The card was created by Mary Salvato, a demonstrator and stay at home mom who lives in Texas.  When you look at this card, do you recognize the printed papers she used?  Who would have thought that the primarily floral double sided designer paper "Bella Rose" would make such a cute Christmas card!!  Of course, the old olive 5/8" grosgrain is a fabulous touch too! 

 

I searched google to find out if Mary had a blog, and YES she did!!  You can visit Mary's blog... MommyLand512 and see more of her fabulous creations, and make sure to leave a comment about her beautiful creations!

 

Kathryn_Allen

 

Another adorable "deer friends" card which was also featured on Stampers' Showcase, this sample was created by Katherine Allen, a demonstrator in New Hampshire.  Guess what??  Katherine also used the Bella Toile designer paper on her card... it's that green scalloped paper along the center.  Don't you just love the polka dots on the bottom of the card too?  That's our Dotted background stamp... really a fun way to step up a card. 

 

I know you love getting all sorts of new ideas... so I did a google search and found that Katherine has a blog with lots of fun cards and samples too.. visit her blog here:  StampsALot.  Make sure to leave her a comment... comments are always appreciated!

 

Life's Turns and Twists...

Not exactly "Falling Down on the Job"... but life does take strange turns... a lot of them if you have kids... even when they're all 'grown up"  We are glowingly proud of our adult 'children'... and always happy to help where we can.  Our daughter lives nearby, works full time, and is about to graduate from college after (3 1/2 years of working full time), and our son is a Sergeant in the US Air Force.  As things go, I spent most of yesterday helping our daughter with car issues, driving her to work, picking her up, and of course lunch in between... Luckily, we share the same dealership so I also got my tires rotated, and prepped for class while waiting for the cars and in-between errands... and then our fabulous service consultant, Anne came thru with a dealer loaner car.. Yeah!! 

Double whammy... Last night we had a Silpada Designs representative (Jewelry) team meeting.  It was my first team meeting, and very informative... but I didn't get home until very late last night.... Yikes!!  Today I have to finish cutting for my 11am class!!  And then... maybe... I can stamp something for ME!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks for posting my card on your blog - aren't you sweet?!?! I'm glad you like it. :) Now off to peruse you're fabulous looking blog!
-Katherine
(And yes, comments are always appreciated! LOL)