Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fabulous and Fun, Wonderful YOU

cindyboaz_swap_08

I've always loved putting shades of purple and green together into fabulous quilts and/or cards.  They are colors I am naturally drawn to... and this sample / swap card is no exception.  

 

This card was one I received this past summer at the Stampin' Up! Convention.  One of the things I love about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is that I meet so many talented, creative, and sharing people along the way... and convention was no exception!  This card was created by Cindy Boaz, a demonstrator from Seward, Nebraska.  I love how she stamped, and stamped-off repeatedly to attain so much depth in her image.  When gazing at it, you feel as though you're walking slowly through a beautiful undisturbed garden.  Cindy also added Old Olive sponging along the outer edges of the card, which adds even more depth and dimension.

 

The card is quite a surprise when you first see it... sporting an unusual combination of card stock.. Naturals Ivory, Lavender Lace, and Kraft.  I think this would make a gorgeous Christmas Card too.. perhaps change up the colors a bit, add Riding Hood Red flowers and Card Stock.. hmm... so much inspiration, so little time... back to my stamp room!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: