Saturday, November 8, 2008

Challenge and Color Cue Cards

I truly struggled with these shades of orange purple and green, combined into a non-halloween card!    The color cues for these cards were posted HERE.  And now, I've completed two of three.  In desperation, and for lack of quality time, I turned straight to "The Idea Book and Catalog"!  With more ideas than any commercially published magazine, and over 200 pages in color photos it is not only quite a value, but an inspiration as well.

colorcue_challenge2

 

This first card was inspired by the simply said card on page 59 of the catalog.  My daughter will like this card since it is fresh and youthful.  Not really my style... But I successfully used only orange, green galore and lovely lilac without making a halloween or monster card!  And I sincerely doubt that I will never do so again, other than halloween, perhaps.

For this card, I tore approximately 1/2" off the bottom of a very vanilla 4 1/4' x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock... randomly stamped various images from the Priceless stamp set... and then filled in the spaces with the tiniest flower from the set.  Three bright brads were added to the top left side of the card, "So Kind" was stamped in the upper left, all the edges were dragged thru my only orange pad.... and the entire thing was mounted onto only orange.

 

Like I said, I was totally blocked on these colors... and I did get my inspiration from the catalog... but I may re-make the card without the larger images, simply the small flowers.  It would be much more elegant and even though not my colors, definitely more my style!!

 

challenge_colorcues_1

 

Almost Amethyst, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango... not as difficult to work with yet again, I turned to "The Idea Book and Catalog" for inspiration.  This simple and cute card was inspired by the Pocket Silhouettes sample on page 6.  The edeges of the colorful cardstock squares are distressed with the cutter kit.  The images to the far right and left are stamped with very vanilla craft ink, and all other images are stamped with kiwi kiss ink.  I especially like how the faux border strip came out... stamped randomly with the same stamp as the center image onto a 1/4" strip of paper and placed along the bottom like a faux ribbon.

Off to my stampin' room... got a whole lot of stampin' to do!  AND, I've got to finish that last challenge from Michelle Laycock.. had to get the tough ones out of the way first!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: