Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bluebird of... Happiness... or Just a Crazy Blue Bird

bluebird_4_u

Today's card was inspired by one I saw in my yahoo stampin' up! demonstrator group... I wish I had a copy of it to show you!! It was a crazy black bird done using the tulipe Bigz sizzix die, and red and green cardstock. I didn't have the tulipe die, but wanted to create something similar (and smaller)... and hence was born my bluebird of Happiness or the craziness.

Improvising, I used my sizzlet simple swirls die... much smaller, but more scaled to fit on my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" A-2 card. The simple swirls were cut out three times.. two for wings, and one for the headdress. Half a 5-petal flower also serves to anchor the headdress and tied knot apricot bow. Don't try this at home... unless you've got a lot of patience!

Crazy card... fun, but quite intense on the assembly front, and lots of tiny parts too. Her crazy legs are knotted narrow apricot grosgrain ribbon... and a few highlights were also added with a white gel pen.

Cardstock: Pacific Point, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Bashful Blue

Punches: 1 1/8" circle, ticket corner, Wide Oval, Large Oval, Boho Blossoms, 5 petal flower, and daisy punch

Other Accessories: White Gel Pen, narrow grosgrain in apricot appeal, sponge dauber, simple swirls sizzlet die, and tombow adhesive

Now.. who should I send this looney bird to... hmmmm

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: