Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baroque Get Well

Sorry for the late post today!  I had a very late evening... loads of fun, but late.  My neighbor and I hosted a Silpada Jewelry Designs Party last night... they are usually wrapped up in 2 hours but this one went on and on.  As with all Silpada parties, the sales were fantastic.. the 99.9 sterling silver and natural stone pieces are stunning, quality made and beautiful (drool).  Love my second job as a Silpada demonstrator!!!

 

brown_getwell

 

Now, back to cards.. Today I used the large baroque background stamp to make a couple quick, simple, and overdue get well cards.  This card is done with Chocolate Chip, and Vanilla.  I added a small bow in pink... kind of reminds me of a little girls' dress.

Card Stock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Chocolate Chip

Stamps:  Baroque (109264 / 1 piece / $17.95) , Sincere Salutations  (105156 / 8 pieces/ $20.95)

Other:  Pink Tafetta Ribbon

Background Stampin' Tip:  When using a large background stamp, make sure you are on a flat surface.  I place a piece of fun foam beneath my Stampin' Up! grid paper to provide a little 'give' for stamping and to prevent transferring the texture from my tablecloth onto my stamped image.  I simply ink my stamp by rubbing it across the stamp pad and then  (tap-tap-tap) and turn it over to ensure the entire surface is covered.  Alternatively, you can also use a brayer to evenly apply the ink.  Sometimes I place the card stock ON the stamp and use a bone folder to ensure the entire surface image is transferred... but with this stamp, I simply plopped it down onto the card stock and applied even pressure.  Also, as with all stamped images, let the stamp sit on the paper for a few seconds longer, allowing the ink to penetrate and soak into the card stock.   I liked this card but thought it a bit too plain for the lady I wanted to send it to... so back to the drawing board!!

 

promdress_getwell

This (second) card reminds me of a prom dress!!  I love the wide pink grosgrain ribbon and it added a really fun element to the card as well!  The Whisper White card stock is bright and contrasts nicely with the basic gray classic ink too.

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette

Classic Ink:  Basic Gay

Stamps:  Baroque (109264 / 1 piece / $17.95); Sincere Salutations (105156 / 8 pieces / $20.95)

Other:   1 1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon (111363 / 10 yds. / $7.95)

I think this is the card I will be sending to my friend.. it's so sweet, just like her!!

 

 

 

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Draygonflies said...

They are both very cool... but I love love love the first one! It does look like a little girl's dress!

Thanks for sharing
Tee