Sunday, October 26, 2008

Winter Post... Holiday Mini, Love Shelli

I have to admit, I fell in love with the Winter Post Stamp Set (#111780 / 7 pcs. / #26.95) during the demonstrator only preview period.  The nostalgic set is also one of Shelli Gardner's favorites, noted in the mini catalog with a small 'heart'.  I've been so busy that I haven't had much of an opportunity to 'play' and create with this set.. but decided to make time to create a unique swap for our demonstrator meeting last Thursday evening.

winterpost_1_slf

 

I think this is the first one I came up with... simple in riding hood red, chocolate chip, and naturals white.  This was a semi-case based on a swap I'd received from Joan Hajek earlier this year.. a tag becomes a card.. See the original post HERE.

 

 

winterpost_2_swap_slf

Same card style but I've changed it up a bit, colors were brightened with very vanilla, riding hood red, and old olive cardstock.  Both the deer and 'post cards' images were stamped with close to cocoa, and I've layered the Dec. 25th by stamping in both riding hood red and old olive, cutting out the olive words and layered onto the red punched image with dimensional dots.  The alpine ribbon really compliments the colors in this card.. pulling all the ink and cardstock colors together in a very delightful way!

 

winterpost_3_slf

Here is my version of a tag on a tag on a card... I've stamped the red cardstock in the background with the snowflake images... and then added minimal distressing along all the stamped image edges.  It's a fun and simple card adorned with dimensional dots, cut out images, jumbo eyelets and alpine ribbon too! 

 

Three samples later, can you guess which one I finally duplicated multiple times for the demonstrator swap?

 

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: