Sunday, October 19, 2008

More on the Giftables Class

holiday_gifting_one

I guess you're wondering what else we made during the giftables class!!  OOPS!  We made beautiful personalized toile tile coasters, a large toile paperweight, an ornament, and a faux sea glass bracelet.  I showed you the packaging yesterday.

You can't really tell from this picture, but the skaters from Winter Post are gliding thru the flat glass ornament bulb.  Stampers were also given a choice of adding words, or a personalized initial on their toile bottoccino marble tiles.  Since we live in Florida, I didn't want to use a sealing spray such as krylon on the tiles, preferring to allow them to absorb the moisture from our beverages.   We also added cork 'feet' to the tiles to protect furniture.  Since the tiles were stamped with Stazon Ink, they will need to be 'cured' before gifting.  Curing makes the finish permanent and is done by placing the tiles on a paper bag in a shallow pan, and baking at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. 

FYI, I found the paperweights at the Dollar General store.. they had a hideous gold plastic base, which we removed.  After adding the stamped image to the flat back of the paper weight, we added a self adhesive felt layer, and narrow basic black grosgrain ribbon around the base to give it a finishing touch.

The faux seaglass bracelet was an idea gleaned from my upline, Lee... who CASE'd it (from Patty Bennett, I believe).  The bracelet was really fun to make, and we added charms to the faux sea glass to give it a little more texture. 

Well I'm off to create another class... what would you like to create in my next class?  OR, are you just going to trust me to come up with something creative?  Whatever it is, I know you'll be proud to tell all your friends these wonderful projects were all Created By YOU!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: